Code of Conduct
V7.0 edit 2.27.19
Please email Mike@WeAreChaos.net for issues.
You are responsible for reporting problems in the community, We cannot fix problems if we aren’t aware of it.
Members Rights We do not allow the following:
- Disrespect : Trash talking, ridicule and other rude comments.
- Discrimination; Intolerance of race, sexual, religious and political orientations.
- Harassment: Threats, sexual, or aggressive behavior.
- Lying: Age, military status, health, anything to gain praise or sympathy.
Discouraged We do not encourage the following:
- Saying a hateful word won't get you banned, Directing it towards someone may.
- Booting: “Unless they have been asked to leave and refused’
- Drama, Dating, Subjects of heated debates (Politics & Religion are discouraged.)
- Lying or exaggeration for sympathy [Sickness, Military status, Unique Situations]
Developers Rights [Game Studios] Rules that are usually set by developers.
- Cheating & Hacking and Illegal modifications to your console.
- We are fine with mods that do not affect matchmaking or represent Chaos in a negative way.
Community Rights [Chaos] to protect the Chaos Reputation.
- Multi Clanning: Being active in another community in a situation [Game] that we offer.
- Exceptions may occur just ask a Director.
- Only one of your accounts are allowed to be in Chaos at a time.
- Treat all gamers with respect, includes non members of CG.
- Poaching: Convincing members of other games or communities to transfer.
The Chaos Name
- The Chaos name needs to be approved in all situations.
- Gamertag changes require a Directors permission.
- Gamertags are as followed: “---_Chaos” Space before “Chaos” and the “C” Capitalized, “haos” lowercase, no numbers within (Chaos) If you don't like it don't get a Chaos tag
- Clan tags, Websites, Fan pages, Groups, Youtube and Etc require a Directors permission.
- Trying to reserve something that may get taken quickly? make sure you can fully transfer ownership to a Director first.
- The code of conduct applies at all times.
- Do not post your own or others personal information.
- Do not go off topic, we have threads for most topics.
- Do not spam or post advertisements (exceptions can be made contact Director)
- Do not post religious, political and other prone to argument post
- Do not Double post (Posting back to back before someone else can post)
- Everyone can edit their own post, you can multiquote for multiple questions.
Rules [Basic Understandings] What helps prevent the real Chaos.
- Directors vote on reinstating banned members.
- The minimum age limit is 16 [Younger requires underage recruitment form] + Director approval
- Underage are required to guest first, then will be voted on by Officers +.
- Members who are inactive for 1 month, Or those that retire will be marked as Affiliate
- Officers who are inactive for more than 1 month will be knocked down to member.
- Only members and higher may participate in Events, unless specified by host.
- Retired members may request, or be nominated to receive a retirement rank.
(See Ranks in the: Ranking Structure Guide
- Anyone who witnesses wrongdoing and fails to report may face punishment.
- Perma-bans require approval of Director.
- Only commanders and above can place a ban.
- Members must approach a Director if they believe a higher ranking deserves ban.
- Unbanning someone requires upper leadership vote, and the person whom banned if reasonable & available.
- Person whom is unbanned will be placed on Probation and watched for further infractions.
Ranks, Emblems, Mottos and responsibilities.
- All members are required to have CG “Rank” as the first line in their bio.
- All officers must have a working microphone for recruiting and game night purposes.
- Rank in community must be clear and correct at all times.
- Click here for the Ranking structure of Chaos
Part 1: How to become a good officer.
Communication: Let us know availability, forward info received to lower ranks, use discord informer.
Activity: Participate, interact with new members, get involved.
Hospitality: Welcome new recruits, introduce people, keep involved.
Recruiting: Help members bring in new recruits, go recruiting yourself. Quality over Quantity.
Reinforcement: Help your fellow officers, Recruiting, Hosting, Attendance.
Play with people, try to interact with everyone, Some of our best members have been hidden in plain sight. Lead by example, if your not willing to do something why should your members?
Activites. How to run a game night:
- Activities are predetermined at weekly meetings in which host and theme are chosen.
- Gamenights must be ran by specific officer and co-host together.
- All activities should last for at least an hour.
- Daily messages posted in #daily_schedule on discord and must be sent by early afternoon and include @Host, #Game, Time (EST) and a detailed Theme.
*Around the time people leave school and work and check their messages*
- If no activity/message has been sent take initiative.
- If you cannot host your gamenight, post in informer Discord chat.
- ALWAYS Take attendance even if you are alone, or service is having issues
- Gamenights should ALWAYS be ran; If there is someone willing to play then play.
“Remember, Activity is key to moving up or maintaining rank, and keeping the community alive. However no one is required nor expected to come to every activity, or attend every holiday or meeting”
- Mr Mike Chaos [Founder]
Attendance, How we track activity:
- Attendance should always be taken. Simply take a clear picture of the lobby.
- Post the picture in the Attendance pics section on Discord.
- Your upper leadership will translate that pic into our core report.
- Attendance should be taken about halfway into the activity.
- Members who only showed for the first or last 10 minutes do not count.
Guest, retired members, everyone counts it is proof of your activity, your recruits, upper leadership and everyone else's activity. Promotions are based off activity within the community. No attendance means no activity.
Meetings, Community news and promotions:
Remind members to keep quiet and focused, mute your mics, Faster meeting = faster to game.
- Take attendance, everyone counts.
- Community overview, numbers and changes since last meeting.
- Activity review, issues with gamenights and lobbies.
- Community updates: Competitions or tournaments.
- Discord updates.
- Promotion announcements, message those who aren't there.
- Questions, comments concerns, Question of the day trivia.
Promotions: Member acknowledgement.
- Promotions are determined by the activity and requirements the member has met.
- Officers vote on promotions and voice their opinions of said member.
- Go down the list on the community core in order of rank. Don’t skip anyone.
- Send message to persons promoted with congratulations and instructions on uniform.
Part 2: How to be a good commander.
Gamenights: If host is unable you are expected to step in and find a solution.
Attendance: You are responsible for your officers taking attendance.
Meetings: Hold at least one meeting a week.
Officer meetings should confirm the following:
- Who is hosting each night and themes of activity.
- Code of conduct violations during the gamenights.
- Current members count, state of community and confirmation from officers
- Discuss tips on recruiting and how to increase activity.
- Promotions for those eligible.
Core Report: Member, Schedule, and community issues. And information Core.WeAreChaos.net
- Keep core updated as much as possible.
- Add/Remove members right away.
When removing everyone counts, add them to community Member archive. No exceptions.
- Mark promotions dates, Attendance tracker etc.
- Use notes section but remember the core is public.
- Have senior officers help you with the core, it's the best way to train.
- Core also includes a weekly schedule, Update it frequently, Don't play the same game types every week!
LOA: Leave of absence. & “Taking a step back”
- Every officer has the right to take a temporary leave “up to a month” Where they are unable to participate. And can resume without penalties to their attendance and past accomplishments.
- Leave means gone, Step back means still there just not in full capacity.
- Taking a step back may be more appropriate if you are stressed, need room or feel overburdened.
- Directors & Commanders may deny or cancel if considered inappropriate, unnecessary or abuse of privilege.
Officer Removals: What do do when a officer leaves or retires.
- DM Director to request removal and permissions from Core and other items.
- Move officer to the Member Archive document [Copy paste their row]
Demotions: Falling out of good standing.
- Are done when a member has violated the CoC, Inactive or failed to fulfill rank duties.
- Should only be used as last means of punishment.
- Typically should only be 1-2 ranks below current rank. Contact Director for scale.
- For senior officers it is best to include upper leadership for consultation.
FYI: Things you should know.
We are nothing without your members.
- Welcome new members, they may be nervous, so make them feel welcome.
- Socialize with your members, get to know them outside of gamenights.
- Build a bond with your members, try to get on a first name basis.
- Lead by example, don’t overwork or ask officers to do something you wouldn't do.
- Make sure daily messages are sent out.
Part 3: Specific situations.
Underage Process: Gaining approval.
Chaos has a age limit of 16, however it is still easy to gain approval of a underage recruit.
This process was created for when you personally vouch for a underage recruit.
The Commander has the right to approve or deny any underage prospect.
- The underage recruit must guest at 10 gamenights or activities without issue.
- Officers must agree unanimously to let them join.
- Prospect can continue to guest and work on issues if denied by less than half.
- Director must approve of prospect.
Banishments: When people don’t follow the rules.
- Both sides of the issue should be looked at, witness and statements form solutions.
- Not all violations of CoC are met with bans, If ban happens inform a Director.
- Banishment recording if the responsibility of the Commander. [Update: Member Archive]
- Use format for bans: Violators Gamertag/ M.D.Y/ Your Gamertag / Reason
- Time of Ban may depend on issue, Topic and warnings given.
Visit MemberArchive.WeAreChaos.net for the full banned list.
Commander Rounds: What you need to become a commander.
Commander Rounds are when you sit down with a commander and higher and talk about leadership responsibilities, Advice, Critique, Socialize and are used for leaders to get a feel for you.
- The process to becoming commander begins with higher ranks nominating you,
- nomination does not mean promotion, it simply means you are in the running.
- You are required to get rounds from every Director, Each Director will may have specific retired members they would like for you to talk to.
- Senior Officer on rounds is expected to seek their availability and possibly even set a time to do so.
- Don't be distracted, This will show how you absorb information for future endeavors.