Lunch Duty #3-Wipe Tables/Sweep 11:25 - 12:25
- Put on your orange vest for easy identification.
- Eat before or after lunch duty.
- Lunch duty is not a time to visit with other parents.
- You and other duty parents are responsible for all children during this time.
While children are eating:
- Children must stay in the lunchroom the entire lunch hour for safety reasons. No exceptions unless you give them permission to go to restroom. Do not allow too many to go at one time.
- Children are not allowed in the art room/kitchen during lunch and may not use the microwave or refrigerator.
- Assist any younger children who need help opening things.
- Get towels and spray cleaners from the supply closet (located to the right of the women’s restroom) and take to gym.
- Get dust mop, broom, and dustpan from supply closet; clean gym floor after tables and chairs are stacked.
When finished eating:
- Make sure children clean up their own eating area when done. The whistle is blown at 12:00 by Mrs. Bever to signal clean up. Children are dismissed table by table when they have cleaned up their area.
- Wipe down tables as soon as the tables get cleared off, so you will be finished by 12:20 class time.
- Clean any spills on chairs using carpet cleaner and brush from supply closet.
- Assist teens in putting away tables and chairs.
- Only Jonathan McCue and the other teen workers are allowed to move stacked chairs and tables. Stacks could be dangerous if toppled over.
- All children, even older ones, not helping to clean up and not playing outside should move to the other side of the gym to facilitate clean up.
- Dust mop the half of the gym where children were eating. Sweep dust into a pile. Use broom and dustpan to throw away anything that gets swept up.
- Return dust mop, broom, dustpan, and spray cleaners to supply closet.