Auto End of War Removed
- After 2.3.1 is out, Guild War Battles that are won will no longer automatically end after 30 minutes. You will now have the full 24 hours to finish your attacks, earning Swords and Laurels.
- Leaders and Champions can manually finish War Battles anytime after they’re won. If you have another War Ticket, your guild can start another War Battle sooner than previously.
Better War Rewards
- The Draw 3, Pick 1 rewards at the end of Guild War are getting much better:
- Top gold reward is now 4 million (up from 0.5 million)
- Top Hero XP reward is now 112k Hero XP (up from 6k)
- Top item rewards are now 30 Orange/Purple Scraps (up from 15)
- Soulstone rewards no longer include 1-star Heroes
- For players/servers with Runes unlocked, rewards may also include:
- Stones, Blocks and Slabs of Runic
- Packs of 6 to 12 Offerings
- Free Stone Shrine uses
- Free Crystal Shrine uses (only for top ranked guild)
- 4-Star Runes (only for guilds ranked 1st or 2nd)
After releasing the Rune update in 2.3, we got some good feedback the Fusion was tuned too hard. You either needed a lot of Offerings, a lot of luck, or a lot of Crystal Shrines. We agree with that feedback and made two big changes:
- The drop rate for Offerings in the Campaign has been doubled.
- Fusion no longer requires runes to match in both Set and Slot. Runes now only need to match in Slot.
Together, these changes should make it significantly easier to grind for Fusion points. They should also increase the value of the Stone Shrine since you’re more likely to get good Fusion materials from it.
- Fixed an issue with iOS 7 showing the game in portrait instead of landscape.
- Fixed display issues with posting runes to chat.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't lower the difficulty of Boss Pit after the 1st stage.
- Pixie Queen's Legendary is now correctly affected by the Improved Healing stat.
- King Kaiju's green skill now correctly applies to all foes regardless of their level.
- Rot Beard's Shield is now removed by Groovy Druid's legendary skill.
- Snap Dragon no longer incorrectly triggers his Legendary Buff without executing the enemy.
Server-Side War Changes (Starting 6/13)
Two War Attempts
In 2.3 we added the ability to have 3 attempts for each War attack. We are lowering that to 2 total: one main attack and one retry. Overall, players felt that 3 total attacks made War too forgiving and we agree.
Variable Sword Threshold
We changed up the number of Swords you need in order to win a War Battle. The number you need now depends on the average Crown Rating of the attacking and defending guild. The higher that average, the higher the threshold will be. The percent of the total Swords needed for a win now ranges from 35% to 95%.
This change is designed to simultaneously help weaker guilds win more and encourage more competition among the top guilds.
New Formula for Crowns Won/Lost
We changed up how we compute the Crowns won/lost in War Battles. The two big changes are:
- Attackers now win/lose 50% more Crowns than the defender wins/losses. This change up the stakes for Offensive Battles, where you the Guild have the most control.
- The amount of Swords you earn past the win threshold now affects the number of Crowns you win. This is another change designed to encourage greater competition between top guilds.
More Variety in War NPCs
You will notice the NPCs we choose for this war are some of the the more interesting/unique NPCs. These NPCs should reward guilds who change up their strategy and react to the different NPCs each week. This week won't be the last time we tweak the NPCs for war!
Guilds struggling to collect War wins: Life just got easier.
- Your win threshold will go down below 70%
- Your Crown rating will drop faster, giving you easier matches over time
Top guilds: War just got more challenging (and hopefully more fun)!
Instead of your weekly rank being mostly participation based (did you get the 12 easy wins) and affected by defensive battles you can’t control, you’re going to have to fight for the top slots:
- Win thresholds for top ranked guilds are going to be higher
- Every sword matters, even after the battle is considered a win
- Offensive battles matter a lot more than defensive ones now
You asked for more competition, so we’re bringing it… along with improved rewards to make it all worthwhile. Enjoy… and see you on the battlefield!*
*Note that we have changes for the Battle matchmaking algorithm itself coming as well. Because we wanted to respond to player feedback as quickly as possible, these changes didn’t make it into 2.3.1. They will most likely arrive in DS 2.4.