Present: Alan Smith, Steve Wright, Pattric Langley, Dave Green
Excused: Emmie Hiersche
Guests: Aleta Fullenwider, Lizzie Chene, Karen Peterson
- Intro of guests with prospect of joining the ORRC Board
- Aleta Fullenwider
- Lizzie Cheney
- Discussion of Board and Standing Committees at ORRC
- VP Reports
- Transition from Valerie Pratt to Dave Green
- Emphasis on making sure bills are paid in the year of the event.
- Review of profit and loss statement.
- 229 Family memberships (692 people)
- 627 Individual memberships
- 1 Student membership
- Total of 1,320 members as of 1/17/2016
- Thanks from Steve to Alan for transition to RunSignUp
- Race Operations - Pattric
- Hagg Mud on track with RD Karen Peterson
- Champoeg event registration open late, not many registered directly at this point.
- Lots of work done, lots still to go on RunSignUp transition for our events.
- Erin has moved to The Dalles this week, her monthly report delayed.
- 2016 Awards Banquet - Steve and Karen
- 61 registered as of 1/20.
- Karen, Alan and Pattric will host awards portion.
- Venue opens at 2:30pm for volunteers to assist in setup.
- Moved by Pattric, seconded by Alan, passed for a two year term.
- Super Senior Membership Dues Discussion - Alan
- Discussion among board members about the suggestion for a membership discount at certain age breaks of 50/70 years.
- Finance Committee can consider for the future with respect to revenue impact.
- Bemroses Retiring - Steve
- Large role with our 15 events to fill. Steve and Pattric to meet with them soon to thank them and debrief their roles with the club. Special awards to them at the banquet this weekend.
- Suggestions to Fill Standing Sub Committee Vacancies
- Race Directors
- suggestion toward “advertising” these opportunities in a member email (not regular newsletter) about the variety of opportunities and needs for the club.
- Suggested one year committment to show that it is not a “forever” type of thing, but that it is also not just a one-time thing.
- Market/discuss with volunteers at events. May also approach current race directors for some of these roles.
- Five member sub committees suggested to have enough numbers for voting, etc.
- More Half Marathon Opportunities
- Portland Rock’n’Roll cancelled. No event known for that date other than the Oregon Zoo Zookeepers Race for the Redheads on 5/15 at Blue Lake (managed by ORRC race directors)
- Blue Lake
- Hagg Lake conversion to half marathon from 10.5
- Garlic Festival
- Discussion to continue
- Currently 203 participants signed up.
- 2016 form is linked on the ORRC website for mileage reporting.
- Foot Traffic Proposal - Pattric
- Different proposals under discussion.
- Short timeline to be tied into this year’s Foot Traffic University
- Pattric to refine proposals and present to Board electronically in the near future.
- Will Cortez resignation from Board of Directors
- Awards process work underway with Pattric.
- Pattric has discussed with Russ Zornick who maintains current database.
- Alan - welcome to Lizzie and Aleta.
- Karen - Hagg Mud looking good. Still needs more volunteers for the event. Need someone driving rental van Friday and/or Sunday.
- Dave - Approx $40k income received in 2015 for 2016 events allocated to 2016.
- Steve - he is the new Oregon state representative for RRCA. Wished to keep position in ORRC. Thanks to Mark Barrett for his past service in this role.