Web 2.0 Tools for creativity, communication,
& Collaboration (& a few more!)
- 81Dash (http://81dash.com/) -- free chat rooms, file sharing, task checklists, 1 click chat archives--designed specifically for educators/students; mobile device friendly.
- Screenhero (http://screenhero.com/) --free screen sharing, including chat and dual mouse control
- Mindmup (http://www.mindmup.com/#m:new) --tool for creating online concept maps; integrates with Google Drive
- Appear.in (https://appear.in/) --free, interactive video conferences for up to 8 participants; no registration needed
- Now Comment (http://nowcomment.com/) --tool lets users upload a document, video, or image, and viewers can then post threaded discussions.
- Flipgrid (https://flipgrid.com/info/) --post a discussion question, then have students respond via webcam. Site creates a grid of all student responses. Cost is $60/year, but up to 10 grids (think classes) and unlimited questions/responses per grid
- Tuzzit (https://www.tuzzit.com/) --free, collaborative brainstorming tool with a wide variety of shapes, text, images, links, etc.
- DropEvent (http://dropevent.com/) --create free, group photo albums that let folks contribute w/o accounts; albums last 6 months
- Pen.io (http://pen.io/) -- VERY bare-bones, plain-and-simple site creation tool. Create a title, a password (no email), add text and images, embed videos.
- MailDiary (http://www.maildiary.net/) --A very easy and simple blog platform--only requires email and a page name. Post directly via email.
- Tackk (https://tackk.com/) --Very easy site for creating a web page for an event, person, idea, whatever; add images, text, video, forms, buttons, music, more.
- Smore (https://www.smore.com/app) --Site that does pretty much the same things as Tackk; includes useful templates for events, classes, news alerts, more.
- Checkthis (http://checkthis.com/) --And one more web page creation tool; also includes poll tool, embedding of tweets, more.
- Piktochart (http://piktochart.com/) --free infographic-creation tools.
- Easel.ly (http://www.easel.ly/) --another fantastic infographic-creation tool.
- Pixiclip (http://www.pixiclip.com/beta/whatis) --free tool lets users record writing/drawing, images, audio, and webcam
- Parade (http://www.myparade.com/) --create beautiful, scrolling digital stories using images and text.
- Thinglink Edu (https://www.thinglink.com/edu/) --create interactive images/maps/graphics with embedded content; Edu version offers free student accounts with no email required
- Visme (http://www.visme.co/) --Free tool for creating/sharing web pages or slide show presentations online.