“Vanilla Nornia Change Log”
A Change Log of all the changes make to the server.
The change log on discord is generally more up to date.
- Added a new chest death system, When you die a chest will be placed at your death location. The chest will remain at the location for 1 hour of server time.
- You can sneak open a death chest to loot all items at once.
- Player AH listings will now last 30 days, up from 7.
- Players can now make claims in the end/nether
- Replaced the chat system on the server
- Now has sub channels (/g <msg> will send a 1 time message to that channel, whereas just typing /g will set all your messages to that channel)
- /g or /general - a global chat channel, all worlds, and is linked to discord.
- /l or /local - a local chat channel - ment for playing with friends
- /s or /staff - a staff channel for staff only, linked to discord
- Added a Discord Link - global chat is linked to discord.
- To become a member you need to type /discord link, and pm Nornia-bot on discord the code.
- Expanded the survival world to 15k x 15k, up from 10k x 10k.
- Did not pregen the new land, it must be explored.
- Closed the old survival world, Will likely be replaced with a 1.13 vanilla world gen for new items/mobs/blocks/features.
- Fix flyboots not working in newly generated land.
- The claims mode on the creative world has been switched. You can now build anywhere that is not claimed.\
- Mobarena changes:
- Disabled wolves spawning in mobarena, they were bugged.
- You can now build in mobarena, class rework eventually.
- Upped the rewards for the basic arena
- Fixed norn being vanished when he always logged in, this was a pain in the ass…
- GOOD NEWS: We now have seperate end/nether worlds for both the old and new survival world.
- Please note, the old end/nether will nolonger receive backups.
- When you die, you should now respawn at your bed, or home.
- I had no idea this caused headaches for new players, this is why it's important to give me feedback.
- The warp menu in the player menu has been updated.
- Warps for PvP, spleef,etc no longer send you to the old world.
- The Zombie Mob Arena now has a new location in the new spawn.
- The Normal Mob Arena now has a new location in the new spawn.
- Spleefing Arena now has a new location in the new spawn.
- Arenas can be accessed via portals in spawn, or menu.
- COMING SOON: Nether/End will be wiped soon. And you will be able to access new portals via the new survival world.
- Claim expansion tool has been changed from a gold spade to a wooden spade.
- A portal to a pvp arena has been built in spawn.
- By march 11th, the old survival world will either be locked, or disabled.
- I am slowly working on moving the arenas over to the new spawn world.
- I am aware that you cannot use nether portals in the new world. This will be fixed soon.
- Players now start with 300 claim blocks up from 200
- You now earn 200 blocks per hour, up from 120.
- Soft-Launch of the new world
- A temp portal has been setup in the old world, that will take you to the new spawn world, which has a portal to the new survival world….
- A new spawn world is in progress of being built… its an on going project.
- Dynmap is rendering again, and you can chat again.
- A bunch, of work has gone on behind the scenes.
- Disabled fireworks upon login… sorry I forgot.
- Removed Herobrine, for good this time.
- Updated the server to 1.12.2
- The GUI for player teleporting has been fixed, and re enabled.
- Various plugin updates, nothing substantial
- Known Issues:
- Dynmap is no longer rendering
- Potential update in the future.
- The world generator that we use for our world has been updated. However if we wanted to use said tool, we would need to create a new world. The generator has had various biome tweeks, but most importantly it has brought back a normal sea level, and vanilla ore generation.
- If we were to do a world reset, It would allow for a bigger survival world, 4x the size (20kx20k, instead of 10x10k).
- I would add a creative world, and separate the spawn world from the survival. (new spawn)
- Would probably allow me to fix the dynmap rendering issue...
- HUGE UPDATE
- Updated to 1.12
- Updated nearly 32 plugins… way to many changes to list….
- The player teleport menu plugin is complete garbage… thus needed to be disabled.
- /tpa <name> and /tpahere <name> can be used instead.
- Added homes to dynmap for online players.
- Added perks to the VIP rank.
- You can disguise yourself as mobs, etc… /disguise
- VIP’s have access to 5 homes
- More to come...
- Decreased mob spawn distance to 4 chunks was 6.
- There have been various minor updates to the server.
- We moved to a new host, and alot of prep work has gone into the modded server
- Ohh and we launched a website http://nornia.net, holograms have been updated in spawn to reflect this change.
4-1-17 / 4-1-17
- All players are disguised as Vex’s
- A Fun sound play when someone joins
- Upon logging in, you throw up an exploding cat.
- Spawn is under Reconstruction….
- PaintBall has been removed.
- Many holograms have been moved/edited.
- A new PvP arena has been built in spawn.
- The Climby and Climby Jumping section of the course give your invincibility. Aka you no longer will die when you fail...erm fall.
- The Climbing Section has been reworked and new courses have been built.
- PvP arena was removed, noone used it.
- Worked around a bug with only being able to sell normal logs.
- The menu will now attempt to sell 16, of every type of logs, at once
- This is not ideal, but to lazy… will later add a button for each type of log…
- Fixed rewards in the zombies mob arena, In order to guarantee both XP, and money for killing a boss, the rewards had to be assigned to separate waves.
- '11': ‘384:7’ (xp bottle x 7)
- '21': ‘384:15’ (xp bottle x 15)
- '12': $500
- '22': $3000
- Some Griefprevention Changes:
- Claims wiIl expire after 31 days, was 14. All you need to do is login, once a month and your claims will persist.
- Sea Level is now 52, instead of its prior 64.
- New players now start with 200 claim blocks.
- If you acquire the cap of 10,000 claim blocks, your claim should be protected forever... well until the world ends.
- Mobs In mobarena, will no longer drop XP.
- After each wave in mobarena, you will earn a XP bottle or $25.
- The wave after beating a boss will award a large chunk of cash and XP.
- Boss 1 = 7 XP Bottle and $200
- Boss 2 = 21 XP Bottle and $1000
- This change is to make the other classes more viable.
- A Minor Entry fee has been added to the arena, this is to negate an exploit. - $25
- The other arena, that people rarely play….
- Boss Rewards have greatly been increased.
- Boss 1 = 5 XP Bottle and $250
- Boss 2 = 10 XP Bottle and $500
- Boss 3 = 20 XP Bottle and $1000
- NOTICE: Paintball will be removed from the server soon!
- Halfed the the time limit for jobs, was an hour, now 30 mins.
- Added an additional base 500, to the gold per half hour cap
- New Items and various Price changes have been made to the Admin Shop! See the google spreadsheet for more details. Shop Expansion was done mostly in part by: Innerp, piapple, and as litlle bit of slave.01
- Removed Herobrine
- Crazy Enchant Limit, increased to 15, was 10.
- Massive changes have been rolled out to Crazy Enchants! See the google Spreadsheet for Changes.
- Many items have been re classified
- Some new enchants were added
- Players now have access to /vive list
- This will list all players using a vivecraft product
- The middle redstone block “server status” acts as a button to run said command.
- Logon messages have been fixed for Seated, and Pure Vanilla Players(muggles)[Thanks JrBudda]
- The following prices for crazy enchants have been changed. (This is intended to make enchanting more costly, I felt it was too cheap. It is also to encourage the disenchantment of unwanted enchants, for dust and a refund of xp)
- Protection Crystals: WAS 2,000 - > 5,000
- Black Scrolls: WAS 100 - > 500 (might be removing)
- White Scrolls: WAS 100- > 1,000 (might be removing)
- Destroy Dust: WAS 100 - > 1,000
- Success Dust: WAS 100 - > 1,000
- Uncommon : was 20, now 25 levels
- Rare: was 40, now 50 levels
- Legendary: was 60, now 75 levels
- Greatly Reworked the Crazy Tinker System
- Before you only earned a drop of XP, now you guys a bucket of XP when using the crazy tinkerer. A 200x Increase in XP return. In trial for a few days, let me know if OP/ Broken! In Order to gain XP, enchant must be applied to an item first, otherwise you will get dust.
- NOTE: For now all custom enchants are the same value, Later we will go in and slightly differentiate the xp return based on the value of the item. -UPDATE: Chanchueechan
- Max Auction listings have been increased from 100k, to 500k.
- The BurnShield Enchant has been moved up a tier.
- Added another Tier for Hellforge, Its can now be both rare(2-3) or Legendary(3-5). This will make it more common. This might be reverted.
- MOBARENA: The Wither Boss in Zombies, ability timer has been increased. Was every 5 seconds -> 8 seconds
- The wither boss in zombies now drop more monies!
- Applied various plugin updates.
- Added a 5 min cooldown to the random Teleport, aka /wild
- Expanded Cimby Course, with a large Jumping and flight section!
- There are now “built in Checkpoints” that can be found by the pvp arena
- Updated VSE, to include a climby block list! For not just barrier blocks are not climbable.
- Updated Various plugins: libdisguise, horsetpwithme, crazyenchat…
- Updated the climby course to prevent unintended paths
- Added a few more commands to the new command menu
- Added Rules to the server.
- Rules can be viewed via /rules or the hologram in spawn
- Added the Following commands
- All players: /clean(wipes inventory), /back, /suicide, /craft, /stack, /book, /recipe
- Added New commands into the menu where fit
- Created a new commands submenu
- Added new staff commands into staff menu
- Added a Changelog hologram to spawn, it give you a link
- Created a Change Log
- Changed the first time join message
- Hopefully fixed new player spawn location to be exact!
- Added additional set home buttons to the VR Menu(Player Menu)
- Created a new submenu for homes.
- Fixed the fly boots, You now fly with the wings enchantment!
- Added a mention feature. Now when you say a player's name in chat, it will highlight their name, and play a sound and effect for said player.
- Made the broadcast messages last longer…
- Fixed a bug with custom enchants
- Found and hopefully dealt with a serious FPS hit in some areas of the world.
- If you come across an area where your FPS tanks, please inform us asap.
- Something caused over 5k+ entities to spawn in a tight area. Hence causing FPS to tank. Strangely a combination of armor stands, and villagers.