The title shall be the Home International Billiards and Snooker Federation or HIBSF in abbreviation hereunder referred to as the Federation.
The primary objectives of the Federation shall be: -
- To stage an annual Home International Billiards and Snooker series at Ladies,Junior, Senior and Masters level.
- To promote, safeguard and foster the games of Billiards and Snooker.
- To adopt and enforce the rules of Billiards and Snooker as laid down by the International Billiard and Snooker Federation (IBSF).
- The Federation shall be the accredited representative body for all involved in the Home International Series and shall promote interest in these games under the Rules of the World Governing Body.
3. MEMBERSHIP AND AFFILIATIONS
- Members of the Federation are England, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Rep. of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Guernsey and Jersey.
- Applications for memberships must be made to the Secretary in writing for endorsement or otherwise at a General Meeting.
- The Membership fee shall be as determined by the Annual General Meeting. The fee to be paid by the end of June each year.
- European countries who want to take part will be asked to pay £50 for Associate Membership.
4. MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- The administration of the Federation shall be in the hands of a Committee, called the Management Committee, composed of two delegates from each member country forming the Federation and may from time to time be augmented by the co-option of outside members who are fulfilling specific duties on behalf of the Management Committee without voting rights.
- FINAL DECISION
The Management Committee shall have the absolute power to deal with all matters not expressly provided for in this Constitution and their decision is final.
- The Chairman shall convene a General Meeting approximately six months in advance of the next event and additional meetings if necessary.
The Management Committee may at their discretion appoint Sub-Committees, the Chairman of which will be a Member of the Management Committee.
- The Sub-Committee may make recommendations but must report to a full Management Committee before any action is taken. In exceptional circumstances, a special Committee Meeting may be held to receive a report.
- The number of persons forming each Sub-Committee shall be as the Management Committee determines.
- The Officers of the Federation shall consist of a Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Secretary / Treasurer. All Officers shall be elected for a two-year term of office. To ensure stability and continuity two officers shall retire in rotation or offer themselves for re-election (if allowed by delegate rule 5B) in the following manner: -
i) Chairman, Vice-Chairman and
- All officers shall be proposed from delegates of the Member Countries and members of the tournament committee who have been working for the Federation and have the relevant experience. They will be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Federation. Should any Officer or Committee Member cease to be a member of their National Governing Body they would no longer qualify to be an Officer or Committee Member of the Federation.
6. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held in the first quarter of the year, for the purpose of receiving the Secretary’s Annual Report, Statement of Accounts, Election of officers and determining policy of the Federation. At least six (6) weeks’ notice of the date of the Annual General Meeting shall be given to all member countries.
- Motions to appear on the Agenda must be forwarded in writing so as to reach the Honorary Secretary not less than 21 days before the date of the Annual General Meeting. The Agenda and all motions received will be sent to each member country not less than fourteen (14) days before the AGM.
- All motions submitted shall be listed on the Agenda. A motion is valid if so listed and the Association proposing it is present.
- The Chairman shall chair the Annual General Meeting or in his absence the Vice Chairman.
- Those entitled to attend shall be two nominated Delegates from each Member Country and the Tournament Committee.
- Each Member Country present shall be entitled to 1 vote and the Chairman shall have a casting vote in addition, when necessary. The Tournament Committee will have a single vote.
- A quorum shall consist of at least 5 members and this number must be present for any Constitutional changes.
- SPECIAL MEETINGS may be called at any time by the Management Committee upon the receipt of a request in writing to the Secretary from two (2) Member Associations. Fourteen (14) days notice shall be given prior to the Special Meeting date. No business other than the specified object(s) of the meeting shall be dealt with at that meeting.
- All monies received by the Treasurer shall be lodged in a Bank in the locality most convenient to the Treasurer.
- The Financial Year of the Federation shall end on December 31st. each year.
- Two (2) signatures are required from the following - Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer to authorize withdrawals from the Federation Bank Account(s).
8. AGE LIMITS
To be eligible to play in the International Series a player must be
- Under 16 on the 31st December in the year preceding the Championship.
- Under 21 on the 31st. December in the year preceding the Championship, this brings the HIBSF in line with the EBSA and IBSF.
- Over 40 on the first day of the Championship.
9. Clarification of Eligibility to take part in the Home Internationals:
- It is agreed that WSA players who have dropped off the Main Tour are not allowed to play in a Home International Event in the year they come off.
- Anyone who is a member of the Main Tour is not allowed to play in the Home Internationals.
This would include players who have qualified for this current season
10. RESIDENTIAL QUALIFICATION FOR INTERNATIONAL SELECTION
3 years residency.
11. Child Protection Policy
A child welfare officer or coordinator must be present at each event.
12. Variance to this document
The Constitution may only be altered at an Annual General Meeting.