TEACHING IN THE SECONDARY SCHOOL
Field Experience ~ SPRING 2015
Student Name: ________________________________________
Hamline email address:__________________________
Hamline ID#: _______________________
Instructor: Sarah Hick CRN #10101
EDU 5700 ~ Teaching in the Secondary School
Type of Experience:
Observation; appropriate interaction with students; teacher assistance; possible opportunities to lead class.
Duration, Frequency and Approximate Dates:
* At least 20 hours in the school (occurring over several weeks).
* At least ⅔ of the hours in the cooperating teacher’s classroom (other hours may be spent visiting other classes, attending PLC/department/faculty meetings, or visiting other school locations, with appropriate permission).
* Acts professionally at all times.
* Interacts positively with students and staff.
* Seeks out opportunities to learn and participate actively.
* Leads a class period/activity (if possible).
* Reviews whole class performance on one major assessment (project, essay, paragraph, quiz, test, lab, proof). Photocopies 3 different students’ work on that assessment (with names removed).
* Seeks feedback from cooperating teacher.
Host Teacher Involvement:
*Plans a schedule with Hamline visitor and reviews expectations.
* Introduces Hamline visitor to students and staff and makes him or her feel welcome.
* Allows for and encourages appropriate interaction with students.
* Allows Hamline student to lead one or more class periods or activities (if possible).
* Assists Hamline student in reviewing class performance on one (or more) major assessment, collecting 3 photocopies of different students’ work on that assessment (with names removed).
* Provides helpful feedback throughout the experience.
* Completes a formal evaluation at end of experience
Complete a final online evaluation of the teacher candidate’s contributions to your classroom environment.
No direct supervision from Hamline. Professor may make a brief classroom visit.
Will be sent at the end of the semester.
Sarah Hick (email@example.com; 651-523-2761)
Office of Clinical Experience
School of Education