Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Work Session
02.10.16 at 6:00 pm – 25 N. Beech
- Work Session with Rob Lee
- Attendance:: Nate Seeley, President; JenniLynn Lawrence, Vice President; Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Chad Fish, Treasurer; Julie Suckla, Member; Kathy Stemmler, Member; Susan Likes, Financial Director, Rob Lee, Consultant
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
- Notes from Work Session:
- Rob gave a verbal report of the trainings he has completed with the staff.
- The Speed of Trust, Stephen M.R. Covey
- Trust is the foundation to an organization
- The higher the trust, the faster things get done and the lower the cost
- Handout: Rob Lee’s Notes on The Speed of Trust - (available upon request)
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary