Lunch Duty #2-Wipe Tables/Mop 11:25 - 12:25
- Put on your orange vest for easy identification.
- Eat before or after lunch duty.
- Lunch duty is not a time to visit with other parents.
- You and other duty parents are responsible for all children during this time.
While Children are eating:
- Children must stay in the lunchroom the entire lunch hour for safety reasons. No exceptions, unless you give them permission to go to the restroom. Do not allow many to go at one time.
- Children are not allowed in the art room/kitchen during lunch and may not use the microwave or refrigerator.
- Assist any younger children who need help opening things.
- Get mop bucket from supply closet (located to the right of the women’s restroom). Partially fill with warm water from faucet in closet. NO SOAP! Take mop bucket and mop to lunch room. This is to be used for spills only. We just need to damp mop so sticky spills don’t spread around the whole gym.
When finished eating:
- Make sure children clean up their own eating area when they are finished. Children will be dismissed by grade when they have cleaned up their trash.
- Make sure all children, even older ones, not helping to clean up and not playing outside, move to the other side of the gym to facilitate clean up.
- After tables and chairs are cleared out of the way, just mop the spills and trouble areas. You do not have to mop the whole area.