BAUGO EXTENDED CARE
Summer Parents Handbook
The following is information concerning the Baugo Extended Care program.
Please contact Melinda Folkers at 574-612-0740 or email@example.com
with concerns or additional questions.
- Parent or Guardian must register each child by completing a registration form and paying a nonrefundable supply/registration fee of $20.00 per child.
- Emergency phone numbers and pick up information must be supplied at that time. It is the parent’s responsibility to update any information throughout the summer.
- Parents will only need to register once for the summer. If a child is withdrawn from the program and returns you will be asked to update the file at that time.
- Any previous balance must be paid in full before registering.
DROP OFF / PICK UP:
- Children must be accompanied to the BEC room in the morning and checked in. Your student must be checked out in the evening by the adult that picks them up. Children will be checked in or checked out using a four digit code, provided by brightwheel.
- Children will only be released and checked out to individuals that are designated on the registration.
- If you want your child released to someone other than who is listed on the registration you must notify BEC staff in writing. They must also have the check out code.
- Children must be picked up before 6:00 P.M... A late fee of $10.00 per child for every 15 minutes will be assessed. If you are late picking up your child more than three times, you may be asked to withdraw your child from the program.
- Our staff will make every attempt to contact someone on the list if you do not pick your child up on time. If the child is still in our care by 7:00 P.M. authorities will be contacted.
HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION:
- Hours of operation are 6:30 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- We will not be in session on Memorial Day or July 4th. The entire week’s tuition will be due.
- Due to expenses incurred by the program we ask that you pay full tuition if your child is absent.
- Please notify a staff member if you will be dropping your child off late or picking up early.
- All school policies and procedures will apply.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for medical insurance coverage. We do not provide insurance coverage for injuries to your child during the time they are participating in our program.
- Basic first aid supplies are available and all BEC employees have been trained in first aid, CPR and will follow Universal Precautions.
- Parents/Guardians will be called if the child needs emergency care. In the event the parent/guardian is unavailable, the next person on the emergency list will be notified.
- In the event of an extreme emergency, the child will be taken by ambulance to the nearest emergency room and parents/guardians notified.
- It is the intent of this program to take all necessary precautions to prevent accidents or injuries. However, by signing this handbook, you agree that you will not hold Baugo Extended Care or any of its employees liable for injuries that may occur.
TUITION AND FEES:
- Registration/supply fee of $20 per child is due at time of registration. The fee is non-refundable.
- Tuition is due the first day of summer break for that week and thereafter on every Friday for the following week. A $10.00 late fee will be assessed if payment is not received by that following Wednesday.
- Normal weekly tuition will continue to be due until notified of a prolonged absence or withdrawal from the program.
- Tuition is due for the entire week regardless of the number of days your child attends.
- You may pay in person by cash, check, money order, or credit card. You may also pay over the internet via PayPal or through brightwheel.
- Credit card payments will include a 3.5% convenience fee.
- PayPal payments can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from your Bank or PayPal account. Please choose the friends and family option to help our program avoid additional fees. Using a credit card through PayPal will include a 3.5% convenience fee.
- Brightwheel payments are made through e-mail invoices sent from brightwheel. Please use your bank account information to help our program avoid additional fees.
- Checks should be made payable to BEC or Baugo Extended Care. A fee of $20.00 will be assessed for returned checks.
- A morning and afternoon snack will be provided.
- All children will receive the same snack, with the exception of food allergies.
- Your child may bring their own snack from home.
BREAKFAST / LUNCH:
- Lunch and breakfast will NOT be provided. Each child will need to pack a cold lunch. We will not be able to warm up any food or drinks.
- In the event of a forgotten lunch, a $5 fee will be charged to your account and we will provide your child with an adequate lunch.
- BEC is located in the Intermediate School cafeteria ( Door A5 ).
- During the day, we may take walks to other parts of the school campus. In this event, our staff will put a note on the door stating where they are and what time they will return.
- Field Trip locations will be announced at least one week before the event.
- If a child has continuous discipline problems the parent will be notified and a conference will be scheduled. If the problems persist they will be asked to withdraw from the program.
- Aggressive physical contact with another student or staff is reason for immediate dismissal from the program.
- All school policies and procedures will apply.
- Our goal is prevention and positive approaches to handling disruptive behavior. Our staff will do their best to work through minor problems that may occur. Please feel free to contact any staff, or myself with concerns or suggestions on effective discipline for your child.
GOAL / PURPOSE:
- The goal of the BEC program is to provide a safe, enriched, fun, and exciting environment for your child to grow and learn in.
- The purpose of the BEC program is to provide the children and their parents/guardians with a safe, nurturing alternative for summer care.