Post Instructions for IPL/Photofacial
The IPL/Photofacial pulls color to even skin tone. Immediately following the IPL/Photofacial procedure, clients will have sunscreen and organic Almond Oil applied in the office.
Skin will be tender, could be swollen and red following treatment. After 24-48 hours swelling and redness should be gone.
The down time for the IPL/Photofacial varies:
-For the brown spots, it takes approximately 10-14 days for them to flake off, like coffee grounds.
-For the Red spots/rosacea, it takes approximately 4-6 weeks for them to fade. The reds do not show like the browns do, they stay under the skin, can darken and look almost purple, but can be covered with makeup.
In order to minimize any potential side effects, individuals who’ve just undergone an IPL photofacial should:
· immediately apply moisturizer and a full spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30 protecting against UVA and UVB rays
· wear full spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30 protecting against UVA and UVB rays, every day on the treated area for at least 30 days (failure to do so can result in complications and skin damage)
· avoid the sun as much as possible for the duration of the treatment plan as well as the next 30 days following the final IPL photofacial treatment
· not take hot baths for 48 hours following treatment (hot showers not recommended either, hot water must not touch the treated area, warm showers are fine)
· not engage in strenueous exercise that produces perspiration for 48 hours
· as with pre-treatment measures, avoid using any form of Vitamin A acid for the duration of the treatment plan, including retinoic acid, glycolic acid, tretinoin (Retin-A) and alpha-hydroxy acids
· as with pre-treatment measures, avoid using Accutane
· moisturize frequently