Smith Middle School Music Boosters Meeting Minutes
Date: April 5, 2017
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: Smith Middle School Band/Orchestra Room
Presiding Officer: Meeting was called to order by Chair Corrie Wiedmann
Members in Attendance: Corrie Wiedmann, Laura Kline, Melissa Rajappan, Julie DeCamp Palmer, Jeremy Bellion, Amy Cook
Welcome and Introduce the Board - Corrie Wiedmann
- Introduction for any new people
Treasurer’s Report - Julie DeCamp Palmer
- Current Balance $4,649.43
- $1000.00 donated from a parent toward the purchase of a new bass, $1100.00 saved for bass so far, Approved for Mr. Bellion to purchase hybrid bass.
Updates on Purchases and Repairs - Mr. Bellion and/or Mr. Kenney
- Mr. Bellion received the tenor sax from the district.
- Mr. Bellion requested future raised funds go toward purchase of chimes.
Upcoming Events Coordination - Corrie Wiedmann
- Carowinds April 28. Mr. Bellion will send forms home with students for permission, payment and chaperone requests. Anticipate around $1000 for student scholarships for Carowinds.
- Spring Chorus Concert May 17. Mr. Kenney anticipates a longer concert with intermission. Corrie will email a sign up genius for snacks and Melissa will order 6 pizzas. Corrie and Amy will assist with setup/cleanup.
- Band/Orchestra Concert May 23 (Orchestra 6:30, Band 7:30). Corrie will email a sign up genius for snacks and Melissa will order 8-9 pizzas. Amy will make a sign for chimes fundraiser with $2000 raised so far and goal of $3500. Julie will speak briefly at the concert regarding boosters.
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony June 9th. 7th grade band and potentially orchestra will play. Plan is to sell bottled water for $1. Melissa will pick up 5 cases of water.
Officers for Next Year
- Returning: Corrie - Chair, Julie - Treasurer
- New: Melissa - Vice Chair, Open - Secretary
Summer Task Corrie will give Music Booster flyer to PTA president for back to school pack.
Minutes submitted by Amy Cook, Music Booster Secretary