Unit 2 Review
Name _________________________________________________________________________ Period __________
1. The ____________________________________ is known as the Age of Reason.
Impact on Democracy and Revolutions
2. The ______________________________ and __________________________ were threatened by the philosopher ideas of the Enlightenment.
3. Why were the colonists upset with England? (list 3 reasons)
4. The Declaration of Independence was influenced by what philosopher? __________________________________________
5. What was the result of the Declaration of Independence? ______________________________________________________
6. What type of government did the US Constitution establish? ___________________________________________________
7. Why did the US Constitution divide the government into three branches? _________________________________________
8. How did the Founders make sure that the branches did not become too powerful? __________________________________
Give an example: _____________________________________________________________________________________
9. What was the social structure in France called? _____________________________________________________________
10. Identify the parts of France’s social structure. _______________________________________________________________
11. List four causes of the French Revolution
12. Why was the Third Estate so unhappy? __________________________________________________________________
13. The people of France were upset at the government and stormed the ____________________________________ as an
example of popular protest against King _____________________________________________________________________.
14. The Third Estate declared themselves the true National Assembly at the _________________________________________.
15. The French Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen declared _____________________________________________.
16. Who lost their power and was upset at the destruction of the Estate system?
17. Who led the Reign of Terror? ___________________________________________________________________________
18. What was the Reign of Terror? _________________________________________________________________________
19. Who did the Reign of Terror target? ______________________________________________________________________
20. The only successful slave revolt leading to independence was the ______________________________________________
21. Who was known as the “Black Napoleon: and led the slave revolt? _____________________________________________
22. Who was Simon Bolivar? ______________________________________________________________________________
23. Why were the people in Latin America unhappy? ___________________________________________________________
24. The revolutions in Latin America led to the creation of new ___________________________________________________
25. What events inspired the Latin American Revolutions? _______________________________________________________
26. What ideas inspired the Latin American revolutions? (Be specific) ______________________________________________
*** Don’t forget to study your causes of revolutions chart as well. Hint: Focus on the political and economic causes of the American and French Revolutions. Remember when you take a position to address counterclaims in your argument with specific HISTORICAL DETAILS. Counterclaims answer: What are the other credible possibilities? They are often viewed as the opposite of the claim.