WGXC Volunteers include programmers as well as individuals who support the station in general. The WGXC Station Manager is the primary contact for volunteers and volunteering information. All volunteers are required to read and sign this WGXC Volunteer Policy and Agreement.
WGXC Station Management relies on the support, advice, and recommendations of Volunteer Advisory Committee members to ensure representation of the public served within the WGXC 90.7-FM listening area.
WGXC’s Station Management has the sole authority to convene meetings in the name of or otherwise on behalf of WGXC. Volunteer Advisory Committee Chairs may convene meetings of their committees in collaboration with that committee’s designated staff member.
Identify yourself as a volunteer of WGXC when attending any station event or otherwise being publicly affiliated with the station; Obtain approval in advance from a staff member to meet with public officials on station business, speak on behalf of the station in the media, or receive contributions on behalf of WGXC.
Use station computers, phones, and office supplies for station-related purposes only.
Wave Farm is not responsible for damage to, or loss of a volunteer’s personal property.
Volunteers are not authorized to make expenditures on behalf of WGXC; consult a WGXC Staff member if such a need arises.
2. To abide by the best practices and procedures contained within the online WGXC Programmer Handbook (Programmer Basics, On-Air Conduct and Board Operating, and Programmer FAQs), at wgxc.org/resources.
3. To be responsible for the actions of all guests I invite into a WGXC studio, and to safeguard all music and equipment during my scheduled program. I understand that I have the right to ask any person their name and purpose for being in the studios, and that only scheduled guests are allowed in WGXC studios, except during public hours. I have the right and obligation to ask someone to leave the studio if they have no legitimate reason for being on the premises.
4. That I have read and acknowledge WGXC’s Dispute Resolution Policy below as applicable to my service as a volunteer.
5. That as a volunteer with the WGXC program of Wave Farm, I serve to support, offer advice, and represent the community in WGXC’s operations.
6. That volunteers are not employees of WGXC and/or Wave Farm, and should notify the Station Manager if at any point they no longer wish to volunteer at WGXC. Likewise, while WGXC appreciates the support and dedication of its volunteers, it has the discretion to dismiss volunteers at any time.
I understand that failure to adhere to this agreement could result in my suspension or termination from active WGXC Programmer status.
WGXC Programmer + Volunteer Handbook:(wgxc.org/resources)
Timing: In order for a dispute or complaint to qualify for processing under this section, it must be filed no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the date on which the aggrieved condition commenced.
• Step One: WGXC Programmers should submit their dispute or complaint in writing to the Community Programming Coordinator for discussion and action. Volunteers who are not programmers should contact the Station Manager in writing for discussion and action.
• Step Two: If the complainant finds the outcome of Step One unsatisfactory, or was unable to engage in Step One because the complainant was uncomfortable raising the issue with the specified contact, the written dispute or complaint should be submitted to the Station Manager for discussion and action.
• Step Three: If the issue has not been resolved by Steps One or Two, the complainant should submit their written dispute or complaint to the Wave Farm Executive Director. The Executive Director will alert Wave Farm’s Board of Directors to the situation, and may choose to convene a meeting with the complainant and relevant parties. The Executive Director shall respond to the complainant in writing with a final decision.
In all instances, a thorough and fair investigation will take place, giving careful consideration to the rights and dignity of all of those involved in a complaint or dispute.