The University of Minnesota School of Journalism & Mass Communication's Alumni Board began the Above the Fold Award in 2012 to recognize our graduates who have achieved great accomplishment early in their careers.
1. Entrants must hold degrees (undergraduate or graduate) from the University of Minnesota School of Journalism & Mass Communication
2. Nominees must be under 40 years of age by the time of nomination
3. Nominees should have achieved an extraordinary level of success and accomplishment in their early careers.
3. University of Minnesota staff and faculty and current SJMC Alumni Society Board Members are not eligible
4. The nomination committee will choose at least two winners, representing the two tracks at SJMC: professional journalism and strategic communication; there will be one winner from each track.
Award will be handed out at SJMC's annual Spring Showcase: A Celebration of Excellence event. The 2014 event will be held April 30, 2014.
Nominations will be accepted until Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.