Self-nominations are welcome.
The User Support Working Group is seeking nominations for new volunteers from HathiTrust member institutions. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the day-to-day work of HathiTrust. The User Support Working Group responds to feedback and inquiries that are sent to the general feedback address for the HathiTrust Digital Library, <email@example.com
>. Group members are on call one day per week and follow up on inquiries throughout the week, requiring approximately 4 hours of work. Volunteers who participate on the group will:
- Gain knowledge about HathiTrust’s user base, typical problems and questions that are raised and how they are resolved
- Become aware of new ways HathiTrust is being used, and features and functionality that users desire
- Gain knowledge of HathiTrust organizational and technical infrastructure, and policies and procedures relating to copyright, access, collection development, deposit of materials, and preservation
- Contribute to a vital component of HathiTrust operations
The charge for the working group is available at http://www.hathitrust.org/wg_user-support_charge
Volunteers participate in one of three activities:
- General user support: respond to and refer as appropriate the general inquiries received from HathiTrust member institutions and users;
- Bibliographic corrections: work with contributing institutions to address cataloging errors;
- Quality object corrections: work with Google as well as contributing institutions to resolve problems with digital surrogates.