We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting 10 markets this Fall Semester from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM starting September 15th until November 17th. Most markets will be held on Goodell Lawn, but the market on October 13th will be on the Student Union North Lawn.
The Student Farmers' Market has gained substantial momentum in just a few short years. We hope to make it bigger and better each year with a wider variety of entertainment, vendors, student groups and attendees. Our goal is to provide an exciting, inclusive community space that becomes a well-loved fixture at UMass.
Together, the Student Farming Enterprise and the UMass Permaculture Initiative organize the Student Farmers' Market in order to provide undergraduate students, faculty and staff at the university access to student produced goods and information regarding agriculture, health, food policy and general wellness. The guidelines are designed to create vibrant, successful markets and ensure a high standard of quality, providing the best experience for both vendors and consumers.
1. If any vendor will be absent from a market they had planned to attend, market organizers must be contacted at least 1 hour prior to the event.
2. Booth spaces will measure approximately 10' X 12'. Tables and pop-up tents will be provided. Tables are 8' long.
3. Vendors are expected to arrive and begin setting up between 11:45 am and 12:00 pm. Vendors are encouraged to remain at the market until the market closes at 4:00 pm.
4. The expectation is that your space will be left as clean as it was found. You will be expected to fold and stack your table and tent when you leave. Please help us make sure we are welcome back another year to this space!
5. Water will not be available at the market site. Vendors should not expect to use running water and should make preparations accordingly.
6. Vendors, entertainers, and participants are encouraged to help promote each market. There are many ways to contribute to promotion and publicity efforts, including emails, website or blog updates, social network posts, etc.
7. All music at the market MUST be acoustic.
8. Entertainers will receive a $10 voucher to be spent at the Farmers' Market for each market they perform at.
9. There will be a MANDATORY meeting in the afternoon on Friday, September 8th from 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM (location TBD) for all vendors, entertainers, and groups that would like to be involved at the markets this semester.
Please Be Aware:
- All vendors must be current registered students of the Five College Consortium or affiliated with a Five College organization.
- All products sold must be grown, harvested or made by current registered students of the Five College Consortium or affiliated with a Five College organization.
- Vendors can only sell value-added food and beverages (baked goods, soup, bread, etc.) if they are an approved student business with a catering license or have a Food Waiver approved by the UMass Environmental Health and Safety Center (for more information, follow this link: https://ehs.umass.edu/food-waiver).
Feel free to contact Xochi Salazar at email@example.com with specific questions or concerns regarding the Student Farmers' Market.