Ways to get involved in the Arab American Cultural Center
Hello! Thank you for your interest and investment in the Arab American Cultural Center. We are lucky and glad to have your support and time to build and cultivate the center and UIC at large, as a brave and equitable space for Arab, Arab American and Muslim folks.
We are reaching out to you because we would like to see you involved in the center and utilize your interest/expertise/time to reduce the limitations and gaps we have at the center currently.
Affiliation to the Center?
For items we need your physical help on (choose as many that you are able to help us with):
1. Staff the center in case of emergencies (if so give us your general availability in the spring and summer)
2. Help organize or facilitate a Halakat Nikash/ a discussion circle (from 3:00-5:00pm)
March 14: Know Your Rights Part (1)
April 6: Know Your Rights Part (2)
April 11: Gender and Sexualized Violence
3. Get involved in our work about the Muslim ban and Know Your Rights trainings (the ones listed above and 2 more campus wide events in Feb and Mar- dates TBA)-- tell us where you can help: (eg: organize speakers, help on the day of the event, etc)
4. Help organize Layali Al Fan event(s) (5:00-7:00pm)
February 22: Iraqi Expressions
5. Arab/ Arab American student graduation
Plan the event (leading up to it in April)
Volunteer at the graduation on April 26, 5:30-7:30 pm
6. General volunteering when things come up- please write in your answer and availability (eg: put up flyers, additional staffing when the center needs it)
7. In Any Other Way? (new ideas are welcome)
Physical presence not needed
1. Help out with tasks on our center’s to-do lists .i.e (computer related tasks, add names to email list servs)
2. Send out information to your own virtual/ media/physical spaces (list servs, social media etc)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University of Illinois at Chicago.
Terms of Service