Student applications are due by 11:59 pm on Monday, May 1st, 2017. There will be a mandatory informational session for applicants the week of May 6th. Interviews will follow the week of May 8th. Students will be notified of their placement by May 31st.
The Provost's Sustainability Internship Program is a year long course that introduces students to the campus sustainability movement and provides them with professional experience in sustainability-related topics through an internship, lectures and professional development trainings, and peer discussion. Students are matched with staff mentors to develop on-campus projects related to sustainability issues in at least one of the following topic areas: awareness, education, & engagement; energy and climate; transportation; green building; land use; waste management; purchasing; and water. At the end of the year, students present their projects to students, faculty and staff at the Annual Campus Sustainability Celebration. Students will receive a $1500 scholarship at the completion of their project and internship credit each quarter.
Note: Applicants must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA to be considered for the program.
Internship positions for 2017-18:
1. Sustainability Outreach Liaison, Sustainability Office
2. Green Office Certification Program Coordinator Intern, Sustainability Office
3.Green Business Program Coordinator Intern, City of Santa Cruz Public Works
4. Sustainable Transportation Planning Intern, Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) & Sustainability Office
5. Sustainable Transportation Advisor Coordinator Intern, Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS)
6. Education & Outreach Intern, Program in Community and Agroecology (PICA)
7. Common Ground Intern, Kresge College
8. Rachel Carson College Sustainable Systems Intern, Rachel Carson College
9. Surplus Furniture Zero Waste Coordinator and Lab & Technology Equipment SurplusCoordinator (2 positions) Ground Services
Questions? Contact Alina Mullins, Student Program Coordinator, at email@example.com