Whether you have been creating in Philadelphia for years or you are just starting to experiment, this is your opportunity to have a drink on FringeArts and talk through your creative project with artists, administrators and producers who have been in your shoes! Fringe Festival Consulting is a new program created to provide guidance and support to Philadelphia based art-makers. This program is FREE and open to the public.
All consultations will be 30 minutes and take place at the LaPeg Bar (140 N. Columbus Blvd - Philadelphia, PA 19106 ), a complimentary drink ticket is included. Each consultation will be personalized based on the needs of the individual artist - all you need to bring is your creative ideas and perhaps a writing utensil! This program runs year round and appointments must be scheduled at least 1-2 weeks in advance.
Q: Do I need to produce a Fringe Show to participate? A: Appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis, but priority will be given to artists planning to register or already enrolled in the Fringe Festival
Q: I only have an idea about what I want to do. Should I still participate? A: Yes. All of our consultants can give you A+ strategic advice and help you shape the start of your journey.
Q: I have more questions or concerns, what should I do? A: Awesome, email Jarrod@fringearts.com and he will take care of you!
* Artistic Project Planning -- This is the first (and often the most difficult) step artists take in producing a show. Our consultants are experts in this field and are eager to help you set reasonable outlines for your creative project.
* Budgeting for Artists -- Not sure how much to keep track of your budget? We can help you manage your budget and keep things easy on your wallet.
* Self-Producing Performance -- The cornerstone of the Philadelphia Fringe! * Creating and Implementing Contracts -- Creating a fair and binding contract is one of the most important pieces in making sure your performance runs smoothly * Finding and Negotiating with Venues -- With so many venues in Philadelphia to choose from, it's hard to say when you've found the right one. Our consultants can help you determine what venue is a good fit for your performance and your budget. * Casting -- You can't overstate how important a proper cast is for the success of your show. Our consultants are experts in finding the right fit!
* Philly Fringe Box Office 101 -- Running a successful box office might seem like a minor detail, but it's one of the first things audience members notice about your event. Make sure the box office is professionally run by setting up a consultation with one of our fantastic volunteers. PR:
* PR Strategy - Limited only to registered Fringe Festival Artists -- Due to high demand, PR strategy consultations are limited only to registered Festival artists. Finding a market, generating positive attention, and putting butts in seats is everything you'd go over with our PR consultant.
Elaina Di Monaco is a director, dramaturg, producer-type and new work enthusiast. She holds a BFA in Directing, Playwriting & Production from the University of the Arts. Elaina is a PlayPenn dramaturg, Bearded Ladies Cabaret staff member, as well as a co-founder of ON THE ROCKS (a collaboration with playwright Haygen Brice Walker) and Reject Theatre Project, an emerging artist collective. www.ElainaDiMonaco.com. Consult with Elaina on: Self-Producing Performance and Artistic Project Planning
Hallie Martenson joined FringeArts as Communications Director in 2015 after receiving her MA in Theatre from Villanova University, where she served as the Media and Events Coordinator. Previously, Hallie worked in the Communications Department for the Abbey Theatre in Dublin, in the leadership of the New Haven Theatre Company, and as an External Relations Associate for the New Haven-based youth development organization Solar Youth. She is an Americorp alum, and has a special interest in community engagement. She also works in the Philadelphia theatre community as a freelance dramaturg, playwright, director and performer. Consult with Hallie on PR Strategy
Jarrod Markman is a Philadelphia based arts-administrator, director and producer. He is the Fringe Festival Coordinator for FringeArts and the Executive Director of DVAA (Da Vinci Art Alliance). Additionally, he serves as the Associate Artistic Director of Simpatico Theatre where he recently directed the Barrymore-winning, world-premiere production of TIME IS ON OUR SIDE by R. Eric Thomas. Consult with Jarrod on: General Fringe Questions and Philly Fringe Box Office 101
Lauren Rile Smith is the founder of Tangle Movement Arts, an aerial dance theater company based in Philadelphia. She has produced eleven full-length shows for Tangle since 2011, including five Fringe Festival performances, as well as numerous pop-up circus performances in Philadelphia's public spaces. Tangle's work has been covered by dozens of local and regional outlets, from the Philadelphia Inquirer and the New York Times to CBS Philly and WHYY-FM. As a performing artist, Lauren specializes in solo static trapeze, and has performed and taught Tangle's signature brand of aerial storytelling in Philadelphia, Maryland, and New York. Consult with Lauren on: Artistic Project Planning
Meredith Sonnen has spent 10 years in performance creation and administration as everything from a performer and writer to a production manager and company manager. Her main administrative expertise lies in contracts, budgets and visas. Consult with Meredith on: Budgeting for Artists and Creating and Implementing Contracts.