Whether you have been creating in Philadelphia for years or you are just starting to experiment, this is your opportunity to have a drink on FringeArts and talk through your creative project with artists, administrators and producers who have been in your shoes! Fringe Festival Consulting is a new program created to provide guidance and support to Philadelphia based art-makers. This program is FREE and open to the public.
All consultations will be 30 minutes and take place at the LaPeg Bar (140 N. Columbus Blvd - Philadelphia, PA 19106 ), a complimentary drink ticket is included. Each consultation will be personalized based on the needs of the individual artist - all you need to bring is your creative ideas and perhaps a writing utensil! This program runs year round and appointments must be scheduled at least 1-2 weeks in advance.
Q: Do I need to produce a Fringe Show to participate? A: Appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis, but priority will be given to artists planning to register or already enrolled in the Fringe Festival
Q: I only have an idea about what I want to do. Should I still participate? A: Yes. All of our consultants can give you A+ strategic advice and help you shape the start of your journey.
Q: I have more questions or concerns, what should I do? A: Awesome, email Jarrod@fringearts.com and he will take care of you!
* Artistic Project Planning -- This is the first (and often the most difficult) step artists take in producing a show. Our consultants are experts in this field and are eager to help you set reasonable outlines for your creative project.
* Budgeting for Artists -- Not sure how much to keep track of your budget? We can help you manage your budget and keep things easy on your wallet.
* Self-Producing Performance -- The cornerstone of the Philadelphia Fringe!
* Creating and Implementing Contracts -- Creating a fair and binding contract is one of the most important pieces in making sure your performance runs smoothly * Finding and Negotiating with Venues -- With so many venues in Philadelphia to choose from, it's hard to say when you've found the right one. Our consultants can help you determine what venue is a good fit for your performance and your budget.
* Philly Fringe Box Office 101-- Running a successful box office might seem like a minor detail, but it's one of the first things audience members notice about your event. Make sure the box office is professionally run by setting up a consultation with one of our fantastic volunteers. PR:
* PR Strategy -- Due to high demand, PR strategy consultations are limited only to registered Festival artists. Finding a market, generating positive attention, and putting butts in seats is everything you'd go over with our PR consultant.