This series is best suited for analysts, associates, and principals with 1 to 3 years of venture experience.
All courses will be taught by Stephane Levy, a Parter in the Cooley Business department and a member of the Emerging Companies and Venture Capital practice groups. Stephane is also an Adjunct Professor at Cornell University Law School where he teaches a course on emerging growth companies and venture capital.
SESSION SCHEDULE & OVERVIEW:(All classes will be held the following Wednesdays at 8:30am)
1) Sept 28 - Convertible note and SAFE termsHistory, mechanics and latest trends on convertible notes and SAFE terms, including caps, discounts, conversion math, MFNs, use of shadow preferred, etc.
2) Oct 26 - Cap table and economics of a roundCalculating the price per share and ownership on a pre-money and post –money basis
3) Nov 30 - Term sheet overview (Part 1)Anatomy of a venture round term sheet (purchase agreement and charter)
4) Jan 25 - Term sheet overview (Part 2)Anatomy of a venture round term sheet (investor and stockholder rights)
5) Feb 22- Down rounds and recapsDiscussion on down rounds and recap scenarios, including in context of insider-led rounds
6) Mar 29 - Founder and stockholder partial liquidityExploring early liquidity for founders and other stockholders (structuring, impact on 409a, etc.)
7) Apr 26 - M&AHigh-level overview of M&A in the venture context
8) May 24 – IPOHigh-level overview of the IPO process