Thank you for submitting a proposal for ACT-W on May 16, 2015!
ACT-W: A Conference to Advance the Careers of Technical Women.
We are looking for proposals that help our attendees improve their professional connections, increase their sense of belonging in the technology industry, help them get their dream job, and advance their careers.
We are accepting 3 proposal types.
1. Keynote/kickoff talk (30 min)
2. 5 minute lightning talk that you feel would be useful for women in tech (or related to tech), such as:
- Women in the workforce/tech
- Career growth
- Issues underrepresented groups face in tech
3. Breakout sessions (preference given to sessions heavy on interaction). These sessions will generally be 1-2 hours long (although exceptions can be made) and will focus on either:
a. career or interpersonal advancement, such as negotiation, creating conflict, leading as a woman, project management using Agile, etc., or
b. a hands-on technical session, such as getting started in open source, reading html and CSS for beginners, etc.
Please note your length preference in your description.
Submissions are due by March 31st; you will be notified by April 5th.
Please make sure that you can attend the event on May 16th before submitting. Learn more about ACT-W on Eventbrite: http://actw-2015-seattle.eventbrite.com