Approximately 5% of our school budget comes from fund-raising. Thus, ten hours of family service should be of a revenue generating or expense reducing capacity. Examples include:
- Fundraisers: Five Hearts Gala, SummerFest, Book Fair, Fish Fries,OcktoberFest
- Building and Grounds: Painting, Lawn Care, Cleaning, Maintenance Projects
- Classroom/Instructional Support: Making Copies, Listening to Students Read, Hanging Bulletin Boards
- Field Trip Drivers will be allowed to count two hours towards their "cost-reducing hours" for each field trip in which they drive.
Five hours can be other Parish or School service of your choosing. Examples include:
- Parish or School sponsored organizations: Boy/Cub Scouts & American Heritage Girls leadership, Youth Group Leadership
- Parochial League Sports: Coaching / Officiating
- Room Parent: Class Parties, Organizing Events
- Lunch Program Volunteer
- Parish Religious Education Instructor
***Mass: lay ministries or altar serving will not be included as service hours.
Volunteer hours need to be completed/recorded by May 1st, 2017.