2) I shall comply with all relevant Health & Safety regulations and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required.
3) I understand that all instruments must be booked prior to use via the on-line Booking System. I will also fill in the Log Book (beside the instrument) at the start of every experimental session.
4) I shall not remove any tools, instrument parts or consumables from the lab without prior permission from a Technician.
5) I understand that all working areas should be kept clean and I agree to leave my work area in a clean and tidy state ready for the next user.
6) I understand that the instruments available in this Facility are expensive, delicate, and I should take due care and attention whilst using them.
7) I understand that if I book an instrument and fail to use it, my supervisor will still be charged for its usage (unless the booking is cancelled 24 hours beforehand).
FOR DSC USE ONLYI understand that whilst using DSC I will not heat my sample to a temperature where it will decompose or allow my material to contaminate the furnace in any way. If I am in doubt I will check with my supervisor. Any damage through negligence will be charged to your supervisor.
FOR TMA USE ONLYWhilst using TMA I will not allow my sample to melt or decompose. If I am in doubt I will check with my supervisor. Any damage through negligence will be charged to your supervisor.