General recreational access is granted by the Lake Dimmick trail or walk in from Caldwell Road. Key checkout is for the purpose of boat launch only; swimmers must walk from the road or trail system. All persons signing out keys must be at least 18 years of age. The user must return the key by the time designated below. If a key is not returned, the locks will be changed and access will be restricted for the person checking out the key. Keys must not be transferred to another party without permission of the Sewanee Police Department. Lost keys must be reported immediately to email@example.com . All gates must remain locked at all times.
The following regulations apply to Lake Dimmick:
1. Paddle boats, canoes, kayaks, and boats without gasoline engines are the only boats allowed on the lake. This regulation will be strictly enforced.
2. The dropping of trash and other materials in or around the lake is prohibited.
3. A personal flotation device must be available for each occupant of allowed boats.
4. Driving any type of motor vehicle across or up and down the dam is not allowed.
5. Driving of ATV’s of any type is prohibited.
6. Swimming in Lake Dimmick is at your own risk. No lifeguard is on duty.
7. No overnight camping or campfires are allowed.
8. No firearms or other weapons are allowed on the property.
9. All applicable fish and wildlife regulations apply.
10. Users are responsible for their own safety and must sign a liability waiver as a condition of lake use before receiving a key. The University of the South is not liable for any accident, injury, or death resulting from the use of the lake.
11. Lake is restricted to the period beginning at sunrise and ending at sunset.
12. Any key must be returned within 30 minutes of sunset. Overnight parking is prohibited.
13. Key issued will permit access of one vehicle only. Parking is only allowed adjacent to the boat launch. Do not block main road.