Coca-Cola's 2012 SCVNGR Sweepstakes
1. Eligibility: The Coca-Cola's 2012 SCVNGR Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and non-employee workers of The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola bottlers, Carmike Cinemas, Inc., Daytona International Speedway, LLC, 360i, IMG Consulting, National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. ("NASCAR"), Sassafras Marketing, Inc., USO, INC., SCVNGR, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, successors, assigns and agents and those prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of this Sweepstakes or any of its materials, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void outside of the United States and where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Coca-Cola North America, a division of The Coca-Cola Company, One Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069. Technology Platform Provider: SCVNGR, Inc., 175 Second Street, Cambridge, MA 021421 Congress Street, Ste. 111, Boston, MA 02114.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
4. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), August 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET, September 30, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). SCVNGR, Inc.’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: There are 2 ways to enter:
b) Enter By Mail: To enter the Sweepstakes without using your Mobile Device or the SCVNGR App, hand print your full name, street address, (no P.O. Boxes), day/evening/cellular phone number (if any), email address and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Coca-Cola's 2012 SCVNGR Sweepstakes – Sweeps Entry,” c/o Department 587279, P.O. Box 5046, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046. You will receive 1 entry into the drawing for the Grand Prize and the drawings for each First Prize. Limit: 1 entry per stamped envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten, postmarked by October 1, 2012 and received by October 8, 2012. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: All Sweepstakes entries must be accumulated during the Promotion Period. All challenge completion times will be determined by SCVNGR in its reasonable discretion. Limit 1 SCVNGR account per person. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or Mobile Device or SCVNGR account. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the selection of the potential winners are final and binding. On or around October 11, 2012, Administrator will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified by email, mail or phone. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable prize during the Promotion Period.
7. Requirements of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with the Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The first attempt to contact the potential winners will be made by SCVNGR via email within 24 hours of the drawing. To win (pending verification of eligibility), each potential winner must submit his or her contact information, including full name, mailing address, email, and phone number to SCVNGR via web form. The selected potential winners must also use this form to submit the unique prize code that will be contained in the email. This code must be entered only once, and only by the selected entrant, or the code will be rendered void and the prize will be forfeited. This information must all be correctly submitted within 3 days of the SCVNGR contact email send date, and will then be submitted to Administrator for prize fulfillment. The potential Grand Prize winner also will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 5 days, the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release attached to the notification email, in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If any potential winner fails to comply, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to complete the steps above, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the applicable prize will not be awarded.
1 GRAND PRIZE: The opportunity for winner and a guest to attend the NASCAR Nationwide Series race and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race “DAYTONA 500®” (collectively, the “Races”) scheduled to be conducted at Daytona International Speedway® in Daytona Beach, FL on Saturday, February 23, 2013 and Sunday, February 24, 2013 respectively. Prize package consists of round trip, coach-class air transportation for 2, awarded as a travel voucher; 3 nights' accommodations at Sponsor's choice of hotel (single room, double occupancy); rental car allowance awarded as a $300 Visa gift card; access for winner and 1 guest to the pre-race Spint FANZONE; tickets for winner and 1 guest to attend the Races; access to the 5th Turn Pavillion with catered food and non-alcoholic beverage on 2/24/13; 1 event program; and souvenir gift. Travel must commence on February 22, 2013 and end on February 25, 2013, or winner will forfeit the prize. All travelers must travel on same itinerary. Travel must be round trip. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Sponsor is not responsible if any scheduled event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Tickets may be subject to issuer’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. If winner is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner's guest must be winner's parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must be 18 years or older and execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. The execution of additional releases and/or waivers of liability required by Sponsor and/or any other applicable sanctioning body or prize provider may also be required and returned within the time period specified by such entities, as appropriate. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000. The ARV of travel may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
10 FIRST PRIZES: An autographed NASCAR and Coca-Cola Racing Family Flag (all details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). ARV: $25.
For All Prizes: Terms and conditions of travel voucher and Visa gift card apply. Total ARV of all prizes: $5,250. No substitution, exchange, or transfer of any prize by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 prize per person.
9. Rewards: By completeing challenges in the SCVNGR application, you may earn points to earn Rewards. The following are the Rewards available for redemption.
950 MOVIE REWARDS: The first 950 entrants to earn enough points to redeem this reward will receive a pair of Carmike Movie Passes.
VIDEO REWARDS: Each entrant to earn enough points to redeem this reward will receive a Video Reward (all details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, prize information, likeness, city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
11. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree to release and hold harmless The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola bottlers, Carmike Cinemas, Inc., Daytona International Speedway, LLC, 360i, IMG Consulting, NASCAR, Inc., Sassafras Marketing, Inc., USO, INC., SCVNGR, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, members, successors, and the officers, directors and employees of them, the Daytona Beach Racing & Recreational Facilities District, the City of Daytona Beach, and the County of Volusia (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone, cellular networks or network lines or airwaves; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, postage-due or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein and inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under the circumstances. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
Coca-Cola's 2012 SCVNGR Sweepstakes
ABBREVIATED RULES for TV and Radio
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (OR D.C.), 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 9/30/12. For Rules, complete details, customer service, and to enter without using your cell phone or the SCVNGR app, visit http://bit.ly/Coca-ColaRules. Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Message and data rates may apply. Contact your carrier for plan details and pricing. You must have a mobile device that utilizes the Apple iOS operating system (3.1 or later) or the Google Android operating system (2.1 or later) (each a “Mobile Device”) that was not purchased for the purpose of participating in this Sweepstakes in order to participate. Sponsor: Coca-Cola North America, a division of The Coca-Cola Company, One Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.
ABBREVIATED RULES for Print and POS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (OR D.C.), 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 9/30/12. For Official Rules, prize descriptions, odds disclosure, customer service, and to enter without using your cell phone or the SCVNGR app, visit http://bit.ly/Coca-ColaRules. Points earned at places on SCVNGR other than Carmike Cinemas do not count toward rewards in this Sweepstakes. Send questions to email@example.com. Message and data rates may apply. Contact your carrier for plan details and pricing. You must have a mobile device that utilizes the Apple iOS operating system (3.1 or later) or the Google Android operating system (2.1 or later) (each a “Mobile Device”) that was not purchased for the purpose of participating in this Sweepstakes in order to participate. Sponsor: Coca-Cola North America, a division of The Coca-Cola Company, One Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 9/30/12. For rules and complete details including how to enter without using your cell phone or the SCVNGR app, visit http://bit.ly/Coca-ColaRules.
Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of 50 United States (or D.C.), 18 years or older. Ends 9/30/12. For rules and complete details including how to enter without using your cell phone or the SCVNGR app, visit http://bit.ly/Coca-ColaRules. Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Void where prohibited.