Common Application :: Spring 2014 SEEDS Youth Interning, Mentoring & Tutoring Partnerships (Deadline: February 14, 11:59 pm)
Please read more at each program's website before applying! LASER Intern Program:
Contact: SEEDS Intern, Sage Freeberg (
) LASER Mentor Program:
Contact: SEEDS Intern, John Young (
) Tutoring Youth One-on-One at Kateri Park Apartments or on Reed's campus with Friends of the Children:
Contact: SEEDS intern, Alexis Angulo (
) Note that Federal Work Study (FWS) funds may be available for these programs, requiring separate paperwork and other steps that must be completed before students can get paid. Visit
Major, if known
We sometimes need to consider gender when matching tutors or mentors
To apply for these programs, please write a brief response (approx. 150 words) to each of the following questions. Thanks! We look forward to talking to you soon!
1. Outline your previous experience working with elementary, middle school, and/or high school aged youth (if any) and describe your role/relationship with them. Do you have a preference for age groups?
2. What do you think are the elements of a good tutoring or mentoring relationship?
3. What subject areas would you feel most comfortable engaging with?
4. What is your motivation for becoming involved with these youth programs?
5. Though many students involved in these programs live within miles of Reed, they often come from a very different environment. At nearby elementary and middle schools, 50-80% of students are eligible for the federal free/reduced lunch program. Many students face challenges that make public school difficult for them, such as learning English as a second language. How do you see this affecting your job as a tutor/intern and what experiences or skills will you draw on to best support the students?
6. Please paste a copy of your schedule here. Please be sure to take into account academic and non-academic committments.
7. Please indicate your order of preference
If you are only interested in certain programs, choose "N/A" for programs that don't interest you.
LASER Intern Program
Laser Mentor Program
One-on-One tutoring at Kateri Park
Tutoring at Reed with Friends of the Children
Is there anything else you would like us to know or questions you have for us?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
Terms of Service