The Mathematics Assessment Collaborative Performance Exams for grades/courses, second through Geometry are copyright protected for use in SVMI's Mathematics Assessment Collaborative (MAC). Balance Assessment owns the copyright for all Mathematics Assessment Resource Service (MARS) tasks. All tasks are designated semi-secure.
Pajaro Valley Unified School District is a member district of the SVMI and participates in its assessment collaborative (MAC). PVUSD pays a fee to access the services available. Materials under MEMBER RESOURCES are copyrighted and secure. Access information will be given upon receipt of this signed agreement.
Educators in member districts are entrusted to maintain the security of the exams under the following conditions. Please read the fine print below:
1. The performance tasks, exams, rubrics, and calibration papers may not be made public.
2. The student task/exam papers, rubrics and calibration papers may be used and shared with district instructional staff for professional development purposes. All student papers, rubrics and calibration papers must be collected and accounted for after professional development sessions.
3. The returned student task/exam papers may be used and reviewed in classrooms with students for learning purposes. All student exam papers must be collected and accounted for after instructional sessions. No task may be sent home with students.
4. A student’s exam paper may be shared with the parents under a supervised educational conference. No student exam paper or copy of the performance exam may be given to a parent.
5. The district is responsible for the security of the performance exams, rubrics, calibration papers and all student exam papers. Student papers should be stored in a secure location. Student papers may be stored in a student portfolio as long as access to the portfolio is secure within a district.
6. The actual student exam papers may not be passed on to another school district or become property of the student unless agreed formally between member districts.
7. Educators in member districts have the rights to use the MAC Assessment Materials, Problems of the Month, Number Talks Materials, SVMI Videos, SVMI PowerPoint Presentations, Lesson Study Materials and other secured documents solely for educational purposes within the member district. Any other use prohibited, expect by express written permission from the Silicon Valley Math Initiative.
8. You agree to not share access information with colleagues who have not signed this Security and Use Agreement.