• Been an example for others to model, emulate, or learn from and has demonstrated a willingness to share what they know or have learned
• Actively advocates sustainable practices and encourages and leads others to adopt them.
• Articulates a strong, cooperative desire to improve food, farms, and communities and has communicated it in many ways such as writing, presentations, and speaking -- one-on-one or to audiences
• Creative in their approach to how they work to achieve sustainability
• Made an impact in their community that strengthens their food systems
• Conducts outreach that is broadly relevant across geographical boundaries
• Articulates and demonstrates to others, actively and by example, that sustainable practices produce healthy and delicious food and are beneficial to the family farm, the environment, human health, and quality of life.
Award winners are selected by a committee within the PASA Board of Directors. They consider all individuals, couples and businesses nominated by PASA members. The winners will be announced in January 2016.