PLEASE NOTE: Successful students will need to be available to attend BOTH mentoring days in full, and the performance, including rehearsals in the daytime.
If you are presenting a group item, only ONE student needs to fill in the registration, on behalf of the group.
Auditions take place between 4 and 7pm on Tuesday 13 September. Students can choose from the available time slots on the registration form.
• A speaker system will be available at the auditions if you are performing with a backing track. You will need to bring it on a device (like a phone, ipod or mp3 player) that can be plugged into the speakers provided (i.e. it has a headphone jack). We cannot accept tracks brought on CDs or on USB.
• You will perform your piece for the judges. Please be aware that it is an audition, so the judges may stop you before you get to the end of the piece.
• All musical styles are welcome - classical, pop, etc., from both individuals and groups
• Bring an accompanied piece that you have already prepared, with a maximum length of 5 minutes.
• A piano accompanist will be available at the auditions. Please bring the sheet music for the pianist to use.
• If you bring an iPod-style accompaniment, this must be an actual 'backing track' - you CANNOT sing / play along to a complete, original recording of a song.
• You must bring your own instrument and any other equipment that you require.
• All dance styles are welcome - classical, contemporary, commercial, etc., from both individuals and groups.
• Bring a 2-3 minute piece you have already prepared, of approximately 2-3 mins in length.
• A speaker system will be available if you are performing with a backing track. You will need to bring it on a device (like a phone, ipod or mp3 player) that can be plugged into the speakers provided (i.e. it has a headphone jack). We cannot accept tracks brought on CDs or on USB.
• Your scene can be a monologue, group piece, self-devised or piece of play-building.
• It can be part of a larger play/work, as long as the part you are auditioning with is performance-ready.
• Please enter at the front of the school where there will be signs indicating where you should go for your audition.
• Please arrive 15 minutes before your time slot so that you can find your way and set up. If you have larger setup requirements for your equipment, please arrive earlier.
• You will sign in and give your accompaniment requirements to the CAPTIVATE's Got Talent staff, then wait to be called for your audition.
• You will perform your piece/scene for the judges. As this is an audition, the judges may stop you before you get to the end of the piece.
• Written feedback on your audition will be provided by email to all participants following the audition day.
• You will also be notified by email if you have been successful, and invited to move on to the mentoring and performance stages.
• Please note that successful students will be required to take part in both mentoring days from 9am - 2pm on Monday & Tuesday, 26-27th September, as well as the performance day from 3pm - 9pm on Friday 30th September. If you are unable to attend any of these sessions, you will not be able to take part.
• Students will be required to attend both days for the full duration.
• Students will receive coaching from industry professionals, performance workshops, and will have the chance to interact with each other, learn together and perform for each other.
• Your audition piece will be worked on so that it can be performed to a higher level at the concert on Friday 30th September.