NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset
The NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset is a resource for researchers in the field of dynamic hand gesture recognition. The database was acquired at NVIDIA Corporation, 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050, USA (hereafter NVIDIA). NVIDIA retains complete copyright ownership of the hand gesture (depth, color, and infra-red stereo pair videos and ground truth labels) data. NVIDIA makes the database publicly available solely for the purposes of research subject to the following restrictions.
User agrees to the following restrictions on use of videos and data from the NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset:
1. Usage: The NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset is intended for research purposes only and may not be used for any commercial purposes. The NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset is to be used only for research (development and testing) on algorithms for automated dynamic hand gesture recognition. The videos in the database must not be used in any way that could compromise the dignity of the human subject depicted in the image.
2. Commercialization: The User will not promote or sell any part of the contents of the NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset, or associate any phrase or logo with the contents of the NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset, either directly or indirectly. The NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset is distributed on a not-for-profit basis and the User agrees to make no for-profit use or commercialization of the database without the written permission of legal counsel from NVIDIA.
3. Duplication: The User is granted access to the database only for the purpose of their own internal research work. The User will not duplicate, share, publish, modify or copy the NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset in any way, even with other research or development groups within User’s organization or company. The User will not publish digital copies of any part of the NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset on any digital recording medium, on any Internet web site or ftp site, or by email, without consent from NVIDIA.
4. Citations: All manuscripts that are submitted for publication to any publisher or journal or conference or other venue, or that are posted on any Internet website or ftp site or sent by email, and that use images or contain images from the NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset, or that report on research results that made use of the videos or data within the NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset, must make the following appropriate citation to the database.
P Molchanov, X Yang, S Gupta, K Kim, S Tyree and J Kautz, “Online Detection and Classification of Dynamic Hand Gestures with Recurrent 3D Convolutional Neural Networks”, in IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2016, June 2016.
Any such publication may not contain more than 5 of the images in the NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset. Further, all such publications must be sent in electronic format to NVIDIA at:
upon public release or publication.
5. Indemnification: NVIDIA gives no warranty as to the accuracy, identity, or verifiability of any of the videos or data within the NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset. User agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NVIDIA and its Board of Directors, officers, employees and agents, individually and collectively, from any and all losses, expenses, damages, demands and/or claims based upon any such injury or damage (real or alleged) and shall pay all damages, claims, judgments or expenses resulting from User’s use of the NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset.
The User must abide by the provisions of this Participant Agreement or permission to use the images and data will be revoked. The NVIDIA Dynamic Hand Gesture Dataset will be made available to User via an Internet site revealed upon acceptance of this Participant agreement by the User. There will be no charge for data made available and downloaded via the Internet.
Printed Name of User
I agree to the terms of this Participation Agreement.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of NVIDIA Corporation.