NWS Probabilistic Hydrologic Outlook Customer/Partner Feedback
OMB Control Number: 0690-0030 Expires 04/30/14 NWS Probabilistic Hydrologic Outlook Customer/Partner Feedback As a user of the National Weather Service Probabilistic Hydrologic Outlook, we would like your opinion on the examples below. The values listed in the examples are taken from the probability of exceedance graphic (
) which shows the chance of exceeding a particular stage. If you could take a moment to answer just a few quick questions, it would be very much appreciated. Examples for Question #1 -
Examples for Question #2 -
1) Of the examples included in the link above (for Question #1), which format do you prefer?
2) Of the examples included in the link above (for Question #2), which format do you prefer?
3) Would you prefer different probability intervals than either Example 3 or 4?
If Yes, select Other and enter your preference.
4) In your decision making process, do you use the minor, moderate and/or major river flood levels as identified at locations of interest to you, or do you use some other critical level?
For definitions of minor, moderate and major flood categories refer to this link... http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/crh/ESF-survey/Flood_cats.docx
Minor, Moderate and Major flood levels are useful in my decision making process
Minor, Moderate and Major flood levels are not adequate; use different critical levels
Minor, Moderate and Major flood levels are used in addition to other critical levles
5) What probability value begins to influence your decision making process?
Please indicate interval in the box provided.
6) Do you as a user feel it is important to know the departures from normal for river levels reaching minor, moderate and major flooding?
7) Do you find these Long-Range Probabilistic Hydrdologic Outlooks useful?
8) Other comments?
9) What is your affiliation?
State/County Emergency Management
Federal Emergency Management
Other Federal government
Other State/local goverment
Other research instituion
Paperwork Reduction Act Information
In accordance with Executive Order 12862, the National Performance Review, and good management practices, NOAA offices seek to determine whether their customers are satisfied with the services and/or products they are receiving and whether they have suggestions as to how the services/products may be improved or made more useful. The information will be used to improve NOAA’s products and services. Responses to this survey are completely voluntary. No confidentiality can be provided for responses, but you need not supply your name or address. Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 15 minutes per response. Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this burden, to Sarah Brabson, CIO-PPA1, Station 9826, 1315 East-West Highway, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Notwithstanding any other provision of the law, no person is required to respond to, nor shall any person be subject to a penalty for failure to comply with, a collection of information subject to the requirements of the Paperwork Reduction Act, unless that collection of information displays a currently valid OMB Control Number.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
Terms of Service