Please read the Presentation Guidelines before filling up the short form below. Thanks!
What is the Share-a-thon? During the afternoon of the AMS Teacher Workshop a variety of organizations/presenters will share their educational resources and/or activities with teacher workshop attendees. Teacher attendees will be free to browse the offerings and engage in a variety of STEM activities/resources. We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic, and knowledgeable subject matter presenters to make this workshop’s Share-a-thon a success.
The types of things we are looking for include:
• Classroom-ready resources for teachers to explore
• A classroom-ready activity or set of activities/lesson plans
•A demonstration of a classroom-ready activity
Please note: We discourage presenters selling resources or learning tools.
Potential Share-a-thon presenters should adhere to the following guidelines:
• Plan to provide handouts/freebies to approximately 100 teachers.
• Demonstrations must be limited to 10 minutes.
• Provide resources/activities/lesson plans which are classroom-ready.
• Teachers may have limited resources, so activities should involve relatively low-cost materials.
• Indicate the target grade level(s) for your presentation, based on the Louisiana Science Standards: (http://www.louisianabelieves.com/docs/assessment-2013-2014/2013-2014-science-standards-and-assessment-guidance.pdf?sfvrsn=10
Share-a-thon presenters should complete this short form below AND register (https://secure.ametsoc.org/meet/atreg/
) for the AMS Teacher Workshop by November 27, 2015. Onsite registration will not be available.