The General Physics Permit is to be used for registration errors due to missing prerequisites, field of study errors, honors cohort errors, major, year or other errors. USE THIS FORM FOR A GENERAL PHYSICS PERMIT ONLY.

Use this permit form for taking courses at NJIT only.
If you want to take a course at another college over the summer, you must complete an Approval for UG Courses at Other Colleges form which can be found at:

DO NOT USE THIS FORM FOR A CLOSED COURSE PERMIT as it will not get processed.
Closed course permits will be available through the Physics Department once the Highlander Pipeline wait list is turned off by the Registrar which will be 1-2 weeks prior to the start of the semester.

For more information, please see General Physics Permits on the Physics website.

Course assignments may change at the discretion of the Physics Chairperson.

First Name
Your answer
Last Name
Your answer
8 Digit Student ID
Numbers only, no hyphens
Your answer
Your answer
An email will be sent to notify you when the permit has been issued. Allow 2-3 business days (not including weekends).
Your answer
Do not use this form for a Closed Course Permit as it will NOT get processed.
What Physics course / lab?
Note: Lab must be taken concurrently with PHYS102, PHYS103, PHYS111, PHYS121. You do NOT need to repeat the lab if you took it in another semester and passed it with a C and above.
Please check all that apply
What type of error message are you receiving? (example: College Restriction, Major, Honors Cohort, Field of Study).
For College Restriction, Major, Honors Cohort, and Field of Study, the student MUST provide a specific Section Number or CRN.
Your answer
Please provide additional information to help us process your request.
Your answer
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of NJ Institute of Technology. Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Additional Terms