8:45 AM - 9:15 AMWelcoming Speaker in Gymnasium
9:20 AM - 10:05 AMSession 1
10:10 AM - 10:55 AMSession 2
11:00 AM - 11:45 AMSession 3
11:50 AM - 12:55 PMLunch (Keynote Speaker) in Gymnasium
1:00 PM - 1:45 PMSession 4
1:50 PM - 3:30 PMDessert / Raffle (Closing Speaker) in Gymnasium
1) WORKSHOP: "What Wikipedia Can't Tell You About Social Media!" PRESENTER: Harman Dhaliwal (Herby), Student at CSU Stanislaus DESCRIPTION: Attendees will get an insight into the vast power of social media. Topics covered include: current trends, do’s-and-don’t’s, digital footprints, and the benefits of social networking.
2) WORKSHOP: "Emergency! I Need Car Help!"PRESENTERS: Ramon Avila & Mario Avila, Merced CollegeDESCRIPTION: All ladies need a car to get to their destination. Whether you’re driving with a parent or on your own, it’s important to know the basics. So, you or your family are not stranded on the side of the road. You’ll be able to WOMAN-up and handle the situation. After taking this hands-on workshop, you will know how to: change a tire, jump-start your car/use jumper cables, and check your oil.
3) WORKSHOP: "Bullying: I Will Not Be A Victim! I Will Not Let My Friends Be Victims!"PRESENTER: Lina Kaji, UC MercedDESCRIPTION: We will go over the different types of bullying (social bullying, verbal bullying, cyber bullying, physical bullying) and examples to help you handle any situation.
4) WORKSHOP: "Fashion & Passion"PRESENTER: Flavia Sandoval, District Director of WetSeal DESCRIPTION: This workshop will be about fashion & current trends: how to feel comfortable in your daily attire, and a short overview on Retail Management and the skill sets required for it.
5) WORKSHOP: "1,000 Reasons Nurses Are Cool and How To Be One"PRESENTERS: Sheenah DeMayo & Jennifer Wittrock, CSU Stanislaus Student Nurses AssociationDESCRIPTION: Take a minute to consider this: Do you want to make a difference in people's lives? There are many ways to do so, but none as amazing and rewarding as becoming a nurse.
6) WORKSHOP: "Rockin' with The Female Engineers"PRESENTERS: Paty Mascorro & Marina Medina, UC Merced "Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers – Ingenerios Unidos"DESCRIPTION: Attendees will learn about Circuits, Soldering and what it takes to be an Engineer.
7) WORKSHOP: "Are You Enough?"PRESENTER: Araceli EsparzaDESCRIPTION: Growing up is tough already, but being a girl can be even more intimidating. We have a hard time believing in ourselves, recognizing or acknowledging our personal talents, and finding our own worth. Are we afraid of letting our light shine? Or do we love ourselves enough to know we're already sufficient? Let's get real with what makes you unique, and go beyond the surface. You are in fact enough!
8) WORKSHOP: "A World of Possibilities"PRESENTER: Kristi AbrahamDESCRIPTION: Travel is a passion of mine as is working in education. Recently, I was able to combine both passions and teach abroad in South America. This session will engage you in the benefits of travel as well as cover the numerous possibilities of teaching abroad.
9) WORKSHOP: "The Lotus Effect: Attracting Beauty, Success, & Strength" PRESENTER: Angelica Andrade, Livingston Community HealthDESCRIPTION: Participants will learn how to find beauty, strength and success within themselves using: positive affirmations, the beauty of being a woman and the success of the women before them. Interactive, fun and inspiring stories/activities to show how to overcome negativity and achieve the best version of yourself.
10) WORKSHOP: "Electric Youth"PRESENTERS: Holly Holdaway & Rey Vasquez-Solis, Paul Mitchell The School ModestoDESCRIPTION: Prom easy updos and makeup demonstrations. Focusing on the many careers opportunities and aesthetics of beauty schooling.
11) WORKSHOP: "From the Central Valley to a Career in the Tech Industry"PRESENTER: April Alvarez, GoogleDESCRIPTION: Have you ever wondered what it's like to work at a place like Google, Facebook, or Twitter? Come learn about the different pathways to a career in the tech industry and what you can do now to get started down the right path. April Alvarez, a Latina from the Central Valley, now on the Google Diversity Team, will share her experience working at Google.
12) WORKSHOP: "Self-Defense for Young Women"PRESENTERS: Alvaro Ramirez & Merced Cuevas, Livingston Kempo KarateDESCRIPTION: In this class, young ladies will be taught: the importance of awareness, 2-3 step defense techniques against different and basic attacks, and how to call for attention in case of an attack.
13) WORKSHOP: "Teen Awareness on Drug Abuse"PRESENTER: Officer Pereda, Livingston Police DepartmentDESCRIPTION: Attendees will learn about the dangers of drugs and the prevalent use among teenagers.
14) WORKSHOP: "STEM as a Female"PRESENTER: Mahak Saini, Society of Women Engineers DESCRIPTION: What is it to be a female in STEM? Women are involved with STEM in many ways. We will discuss how women have made it through STEM and what they can do in STEM fields. We will focus on engineering and understand what it is.
15) WORKSHOP: "Live, Laugh, and Love"PRESENTERS: Evett Madrigal & Virginia Benavides, Livingston Community Health DESCRIPTION: Attendees will learn about self-love, self-respect, and healthy relationships.