by Kirby Larson
Select your class.
Type your FIRST and LAST name.
1. Some of Mitsi's classmates started to call her "slant eyes" ...
after the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
when she stopped smiling.
after she started wearing makeup.
when she cried at the news of the war.
2. Men in Mitsi's neighborhood were being fired from their jobs because they ...
had gone off to join the army.
refused to work for Americans.
had Japanese last names.
were on strike.
3. The worst part of being relocated away from home was that ......
Mitsi wouldn't be able to finish school with her friends.
Mitsi couldn't bring Dash along with her.
Mitsi would miss the tryouts for the play.
Mitsi would have to stop taking dance lessons.
4. Mitsi's father gathered scraps of wood to ...
carve into animals for the children.
make a fire in their stove.
make toy trucks for the little boy next door.
make furniture for their little room.
5. How did some of the kids in camp make a little money?
by taking messages to people from their visitors
by cleaning the barracks of people who were older
by reading to little kids to keep them happy
by drawing pictures of people for their friends
6. Why was Mitsi worried about her brother, Ted?
He stopped doing magic.
She saw him steal some candy.
He stayed in bed all the time.
He refused to do chores.
7. When the camp was moved, the people ...
were taken to Spokane near the Idaho border.
went to Washington DC on the East coast.
were taken to Sun Valley, a hot dusty area.
traveled to Florida to live near Orlando.
8. When Mitsi's locket arrived from Mrs. Bowker, there was a picture of ...
Dash and one of Mags.
Mrs. Bowker in one side.
her class at school in it.
Mitsi and one of Dash inside.
9. What other good thing came along with the locket from Mrs. Bowker?
a new book to read from the Nancy Drew series
a video of the school play
a letter of apology from her friend Mags
some newspapers from home for her father to read
10. What was the best news from "Irrigator," the camp newspaper?
It was time for everyone to go back to their homes.
General DeWitt decided to let people have their pets in camp.
The war was over.
General DeWitt was coming to visit the camp.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Millard Public Schools.
Terms of Service