by Cece Ball
Select your class.
Type your FIRST and LAST name.
1. Why does Cece lose her hearing?
She is in a car accident.
She is born this way.
She gets sick with meningitis.
She gets hit in the head.
2. What is different about Cece's kindergarten class?
No one talks to Cece.
Her class has older kids in it too.
Everyone is either deaf or blind.
Everyone wears hearing aids.
3. Why does Cece sometimes not like her friend Ginny?
She is bossy.
She talks too loud and slow.
She makes fun of Cece with other friends.
She wants to be friends with Laura instead of Cece.
4. Why does Cece leave Ginny's birthday sleepover early?
The girls turn off the lights so she can't read their lips.
The girls do an ugly makeover on her.
Cece gets sick from all the food at the party.
Some of the girls make fun of Cece's hearing aids.
5. How does Cece's school microphone break?
One of the kids steals it and breaks it.
Cece's teacher drops it in the toilet.
Someone trips over it sitting on the floor.
The PE teacher drops it on the ground.
6. When her family moves to a small town, Cece goes to a new school ...
where there is no one she knows.
where there are no classes for deaf children.
where the children all talk very loudly to her.
where the children ignore Cece completely.
7. How did Cece get out of the makeover at Ginny's birthday sleepover?
She told them she didn't want to be made over.
She said her mother didn't allow her to wear makeup.
She said the makeup would mess up the hearing aids.
She told them she was allergic to makeup.
8. In fourth grade, who becomes Cece's best friend?
Ginny, who is not so annoying any more
Emma, who moved to the same small town
Laura, who learned not to be bossy
Martha, who is in third grade
9. What makes Cece's friends think she is a hero?
With her hearing aid, she heard a cat who was trapped in a tree.
She rescued a crying baby playing in her backyard.
When the teacher leaves the room, Cece can hear her returning.
She could hear Mike all the way downtown.
10. At the end of the book, Cece shared ______ with Martha.
a chocolate candy bar
an after-school snack
her secret about Mike Miller
her El Deafo and true friend story
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Millard Public Schools.
Terms of Service