Stella by Starlight
by Sharon M. Draper
Select your class.
Type your FIRST and LAST name.
1. ___ saw The Klan first in the night.
2. Why did Stella sneak out after the family was asleep?
to watch night birds at the pond
to practice her writing
to spy on the Spencer boy
to practice running on the white school's track
3. Seeing the Spoon Man coming down the road meant ...
valuables had to be hidden before he got to your door.
someone had a letter from the government.
there would be pretty things to look at and buy.
the newspaper from the big city would soon be there.
4. Stella's papa ___ to show that he was somebody.
registered to vote
worked very hard in the newspaper office
ran for mayor of Bumblebee
kept a large herd of cattle
5. What happened when Stella's father lined up to join the army?
He went to war and became a hero.
He lost a very good buddy.
They wouldn't let him join the army.
He was captured and kept in a POW camp.
6. What was missing from the Sears catalog?
pictures of bicycles
a picture of George Washington
pictures of people of color
7. Why didn't the fire department come to fight Spencer's fire?
There were no volunteers available.
Bumblebee did not have a fire brigade.
They didn't help the black neighborhood.
No one knew how to call the fire department.
8. How did Stella know where to find Hazel during the fire?
Stella heard her calling out for help.
Hazel had shown Stella a picture of her hidey-hole.
Stella stumbled down into the hole where she was hiding.
Hazel had taken Stella to her hiding place.
9. Where did Stella get the typewriter?
from Mrs. Spencer for finding Hazel
from the village junk shop
from Mrs. Grayson, her teacher
from the second-hand store
10. Stella saved ___ from drowning.
Tony Spencer, her school friend
Hazel Spencer, who wandered off in the night
Paulette, the white doctor's daughter
Carolyn, her best friend
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Millard Public Schools.
Terms of Service