Healthy Mocs TLC @ UTC!
Thank you for your interest in being a member of a UTC Themed Learning Community! Themed Learning Communities provide a unique atmosphere for residents who share common interests and cultivate an environment that supports personal growth through academic and social programming. Your decision to live in one of these exciting communities will make an impact on you for the rest of your life. Take the time to read about the different opportunities to get involved with T.L.C. at UTC!
Healthy Mocs Living Learning Community
Healthy Mocs is geared toward students that are interested in leading healthy, active lifestyles. Students will have unique opportunities to be involved in programs focused on eating healthy, staying physically active and all together leading a more productive life during college and thereafter. Another important component will be becoming very involved with many of the activities at the ARC! Come learn how fitness can be fun and rewarding!
The minimum expectations of all Themed Learning Community members are
• To attend events hosted by your community
• To participate in the opening and closing events
• To participate in meetings facilitated by the sponsoring department
• To abide by university policies and remain in good disciplinary standing; and
Some of the primary benefits of being a part of a Themed Learning Community include opportunities to
• Connect with peers, faculty, and staff around common interests and themes;
• Develop academically and personally;
• Integrate and apply your interests and experiences;
• Explore and define personal values and identity within a community context;
• Broaden appreciation for diversity and global awareness;
• Become civically engaged and be of service to others;
• Collaborate and communicate effectively in various settings; and
• Have fun and learn at the same time!
Continue to the next page to fill out application!
HEALTHY MOCS APPLICATIONS DUE February 1st!