MCISD is implementing Google Apps for Education, a collection of free online applications, for all high school freshman students. These applications do not reside on the computer; but, are accessible via a web browser identified as "Working in the cloud”. This structure allows flexibility in accessing documents and projects from ANY internet-connected device. Students will be assigned Google accounts to allow safe email and online storage for documents and presentations; all stored Work will be accessible from home, school anywhere there is Internet connectivity. Students and teachers will have access to Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Sites.
Responsible Use Guidelines
Students are expected to adhere to the MCISD Acceptable Use Policy. This policy requires efficient, ethical and legal utilization of all technology resources. All participants will be respectful in their postings and comments. No cyber bullying, inappropriate language, personal insults, profanity, spam or threatening comments will be tolerated. All participants must protect their login and password information. Copyrighted material that is not cited as student-created work will be deemed as plagiarism another student will be disciplined accordingly.
MCISD maintains the right to terminate the access and use of a students' Google account if there is reason to believe that Violations of law or district policies have occurred. The alleged violation will be directed to the campus principal and addressed accordingly
NOTE: Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in disciplinary consequences.
I have reviewed and understood these procedures and give permission for my son/daughter to use Google Apps for Education. By doing so, | agree to enforce acceptable use when my son/daughter is off-district property and i expect staff to enforce acceptable use when my son/daughter is at school. My son/daughter and l agree to abide by the Google Chromebook district policy and procedures for use of electronic communication systems and Google Apps for Education.
CHROMEBOOK STUDENT USE AGREEMENT
• Terms: in exchange for the right to use Mission CISD property, you must comply at all times with the Mission CISD Student Code of Conduct, Student internet Acceptable Use Policy, Chromebook Policy 81 Procedures Agreement incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof for all purposes. Any failure to comply may terminate your rights of possession effective immediately; thereby, the District may repossess the property.
• Title: Legal title to the property is in the District and shall at all times remain ln the District. Your right of possession and use is limited to and Conditioned upon your full and complete compliance with this Chromebook Agreement and the MCISD Student Code of Conduct and Student Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
• Loss or Damage: If the property is damaged, lost or stolen, you are responsible for the reasonable cost of repair or replacement. o
• Loss or theft of the property must be reported to the District Immediately and a police report regarding the loss or theft must be filed.
• Repossession: If you do not fully comply with all terms of this Chromebook Usage Agreement including the timely return of the property, the MCISD shall be entitled to terminate your rights of possession of the property and physically retrieve the property. The District may also take possession of the property at your place of residence, or other location of the property, of cause a third party, such as law enforcement, if required, to take possession of the property.
• Term of Agreement: Unless earlier terminated by the District, your right to use and possession of this property shall terminate the date of your withdrawal from the school district.
• Appropriation: Your failure to timely return the property and the continued use of it for non-school purposes without the District's consent may be considered unlawful appropriation of the District's property and repossession. Efforts as stated above may be processed including notice to law enforcement for the unauthorized appropriation of the property.
I agree to the stipulations set forth in the MCISD 1:1 Chromebook Policy and Procedures Agreement: