The 27th Annual Two-Day Conference: Implementing the ESSA and the New NJ Mathematics Standards
October 26-27, 2017
Thursday, October 26, 2017:
Constructing Viable Arguments and Critiquing the Reasoning of Others - How Do We Make That Happen?
● Mathematics Practice Standards
● Equity in the mathematics classroom
● Technology, manipulatives and tools to deepen student understanding
● Mathematics leaders (administrators, supervisors, coaches, mentors, lead teachers) supporting teachers in creating student-centered classrooms
Friday, October 27, 2017:
Assessing Students' Ability to Demonstrate Understanding as Well as Procedural Fluency
● Creating and implementing standards-based assessments
● Strategies to improve formative assessment of student learning
● Activities and games that help promote conceptual understanding
National Conference Center, East Windsor, NJ
Small Workshop (90 minutes)
Large Workshop (90 minutes)
Activity Session (60 minutes)
General Session (60 minutes)
General Session (90 minutes)
Three Hour Mini-Course (180 minutes)
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2017: If you would like to revise your submission, you may do so prior to the March 31st deadline. Please re-submit your proposal and note that it was a revision in the "Additional Notes" Section at the end of the form!
The themes listed for the individual days are the overall intention for the day. However, quality proposals that would be beneficial to our members but that are not consistent with the theme still will be seriously considered and will also be acceptable for the program.
If you wish to submit additional proposals, please indicate that it is an additional proposal in the notes. Also, if you submit more than one proposal, please indicate how many total sessions at which you are willing to present.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS ONLY
If you have any questions, please contact Tom Walsh, Program Chair, at <email@example.com>.
Please note: After the development of the master schedule, no changes of workshops will be possible.