Use this form to nominate a site for possible inclusion in the City of Atlanta's EPA-funded brownfield assessment program. Please provide as much information as you can about your site. The final decision as to which sites will be assessed will be based on consent of the property owner.
The property meets the federal definition of a Brownfield Site: "...real property, the expansion, redevelopment, or reuse of which may be complicated by the presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance, pollutant, or contaminant" including sites contaminated by petroleum or petroleum products.
Preference will be given to applicants ranked as follows: (All other criteria being equal.)
1. Properties owned by the City of Atlanta or non-profit organizations.
2. Projects in the City of Atlanta EPA’s Area-wide planning grant (2012) designated area or within one of the other priority designated areas identified in the 2013 City of Atlanta EPA Brownfields Assessment grant.
3. Projects sponsored by a department within the City of Atlanta, Atlanta Housing Authority, or non-profit organization.
4. Properties being considered for acquisition by the City of Atlanta and its departments.
5. Privately owned properties.
6. Properties listed on EPA’s CERCLIS that have been assigned a no further action priority status.
7. Properties that have a strong prospect for redevelopment.
The applicant has demonstrated:
1. The applicant has or will obtain or provide legal permission to access the subject property by attaching a completed site access agreement.
2. The applicant’s willingness and ability to complete or initiate the project by September 30, 2016.