Maya Inspiration visual map review questions
Type your Last name, then first name below.
1. What civilization are we studying?
A. The Maya
B. The Aztecs
C. The Mexicans
D. The Yucatans
2. Which of the following is the Essential Question for our unit?
A. What were the geographic features of where the Maya lived and how do we know?
B. During what time period did the Maya live and how do we know?
C. What were the ranks in the social pyramid and how do we know?
D. How did the Maya live and how do we know?
3. The Mayans lived in an area we call Mesoamerica. What does Mesoamerica mean?
A. North America
B. Central America
C. Middle America
D. South America
4. The Mayan territory included parts of what modern day countries?
A. Northern Mexico, Belize, most of Guatemala and parts of Honduras and El Salvador.
B. Southern Mexico, most of Guatemala and parts of Belize, Honduras, and El Salvador.
C. Southern Mexico, Belize, most of Guatemala and parts of Honduras and El Salvador.
D. Northern Mexico, most of Guatemala, and parts of Belize, Honduras, and El Salvador.
5. In the Maya territory, there are four climate types. Which of the following does NOT belong?
C. Tropical wet & dry
D. Tropical wet
7. The Pre-classic period lasted from
A. 2000 B.C.E. to 300 C.E.
B. 2000 C.E. to 300 C.E.
C. 300 B.C.E. to 900 C.E.
D 300 C.E. to 900 C.E.
9. The Post-classic period lasted from
A. 900 B.C.E. to 1500 C.E.
B. 900 C.E. to 1500 B.C.E.
C. 900 C.E. to 1500 C.E.
D. 1500 C.E. to 900 C.E.
10. Which of the following is NOT true of the Classic period
A. It was a time of growth and technological advances
B. The Maya developed their own system of writing called hieroglyphics.
C. The Maya used their knowledge of astronomy and mathematics to create accurate calendars
D. The Maya only lived in small, simple houses as farmers.
11. The Classic civilization period collapsed
A. around 300 C.E.
B. around 300 B.C.E.
C. around 900 C.E.
D. around 900 B.C.E.
12. During what time period did more Maya move north to the Yucatan peninsula?
A. Post-classic period
B. Classic period
C. Pre-classic period
D Classical music period.
13. We know how the Maya lived from a variety of sources of information. Which one is NOT a source of any information that we have today?
A. Maya hieroglyphics
B. voice recordings of oral history
C. archeological remains
D. Maya paintings
Use the map below to answer question 14.
14. In the map above, select the letter that labels the general area of the Maya territory.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Muscatine Community School District.
Terms of Service