Communicating the plan
1. Why should you spend time developing a solid communications plan? Choose the best answer.
A. To set stakeholder expectations
B. To set aside time for your own needs
C. To keep vendors informed
D. To understand where the blame lies when something goes wrong
E. To keep stakeholders updated on your progress
F. To keep team members informed of project progress
2. This person is responsible for understanding the information correctly and making certain they've received all the information.
C. Project manager
3. There are four participants in your upcoming meeting. How many lines of communication are there?
4. This process involves determining the human, equipment, and material resources needed for the project.
A. Human Resources Planning
B. Organizational Planning
C. Resources Planning
D. Procurement Planning
5. This type of chart depicts the WBS identifier, the type of resource required, and the number of resources required.
6. What are the processes that you use for Human Resources Planning? (Choose the best answer)
A. Performance reporting
B. Contract administration
C. Organizational planning
D. Staff acquisition
7. You have been assigned as project manager for a major software development project. Andy is the functional manager who will be providing the resources for your development team. Andy is being asked to supply resources to several projects concurrently. You have a list of the people you want assigned to your team, but you fear other project managers may want these same people. How should you approach Andy regarding the assignment of this people to the project?
A. Schedule a meeting with Andy to discuss resources. Explain your project deliverables and the skill sets you need. Negotiate with Andy for your most critical resources first.
B. Send Andy a memo listing the resources you need and the start date for each resource.
C. Catch up with Andy just before a meeting both of you need to attend so that he will not have time to think up reasons to turn down part of your request.
D. Meet with Andy's boss to let her know that your project is critical, and provide her with the list of resources you need from Andy.
8. Communications Planning is the process of which of the following?
A. Scheduling a regular meeting for the project team.
B. Developing a distribution list for the stakeholders.
C. Identifying the people or groups that need information on your project.
D. Creating a template to report project status.
9. You are the project manager for a new software application that will provide online help to sales consultants regarding the features of the products they sell. You are putting together your human resources plan and realize that all but which of the following is a Human Resource Planning constraint?
A. Labor-union agreements
B. Legal requirements
C. Organizational structure
D. Economic conditions
10. What is the technique of looking at the trade-offs between producing goods or services internally vs. procuring it from outside the organization?
A. Cost estimating
B. Vendor selection criteria
C. Staff augmentation
D. Make-or-buy analysis
11. You are a project manager for a telecommunications company assigned to a project to deploy a new wireless network using a technology that does not have a proven track record. You have requested vendor bids for portions of the development that will include researching various scenarios. What type of contract is most likely in this situation?
A. Fixed-price contract
B. Time and materials contract
C. Cost-reimbursable contract
D. A procurement method other than a contract
12. This plan documents when and how human resources will be added to and released from the project.
A. Staff acquisition plan
B. Staffing management plan
C. Communications plan
D. Human resources plan
13. This process performed within the Human Resources Planning process addresses various factors that may impact how you manage your project team, how you'll define roles and responsibilities for team members, and how the team will be organized; it also documents your staffing management plan.
A. Organizational planning
B. Staff acquisition
C. Staff management planning
D. Environmental factors planning
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
This form was created inside of Mattapan/ Greater Boston Technology Learning Center, Inc..
Terms of Service