Have you experienced online violence?
Survey by People Against Cyber Threats/Harassment (PeopleACT)
We are an independent coalition of civil society organisations running a campaign on anti-cyber harassment and other harmful cyber behavior in Malaysia. This survey aims to collect data on how online harassment /violence affects Malaysians. This data will be presented to the relevant authorities with the aim of developing a legal framework or action plan, providing better safeguards for the rights of internet users.
If you have already participated in this survey by PeopleACT, please do not respond. However, do forward it to someone else who have not. Thank you.
Your personal data will remain confidential.
1. I am Malaysian.
Yes, I am.
No, I am not.
2. What is your gender?
3. I am ______ years old.
16 and below
Between 17 to 24
Between 25 to 39
Between 40 to 49
50 and above
4. Where are you staying? (Please give the town, city and state only; e.g. Kajang, Selangor.)
5. What online, digital communication platform or device do you use the most on a daily basis?
Mobile or Smart Phone
6. Roughly how many hours per day do you spend on the Internet? Please DO NOT include time spent on email or performing tasks.
1 to 5 hours
6 to 10 hours
11 to 15 hours
16 hours and more
7. Which of the following would you consider as online violence?
When someone criticises your online comments or posts
When the government uses the cyberspace to intimidate citizens
Online shaming; eg. insults, creation of memes, gifs or hashtags, etc. aimed to insult and humiliate you
When someone demeans you by calling you names or insults targeted at your gender, race, religion, political views; eg. kafir habir, deviant, whore, etc. on the internet
When you receive unwanted multiple links to sexual images on your mobile phone, email or social media account
When you are being scammed by someone you met on the internet
When you receive death or rape threats through your mobile phone, email or social media account
When someone threatens to upload sexually explicit photos of you as revenge
8. Have you ever experienced the following?
Received online hateful or harmful comments due to your gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, political views, etc.
Online shaming; eg. your personal details or photos being revealed by someone who disagrees with you
Being victim of online sexual harassment; eg. called obscene name, receiving unwanted pornographic material
Revenge porn (sexually explicit photo of you being uploaded on the internet without your consent as revenge)
Your online activities are being spied by the authorities; eg. university administrator, government; religious department
Being persistently stalked on social media
Received death or rape threat online
None of the above
9. Have you ever felt fearful, threatened or uneasy because of comments or responses you have received on the internet or digital device?
10. Will you allow us to document your experience with online harassment or violence?
I've never experienced online harassment or violence.
If you answered "yes" to question 10, how can we contact you?
11. How would an ideal cyberspace look like to you? Please be specific; for eg. the internet is free - I don't have to pay for it/ I can talk about religion openly without being shut down by religious authority.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service