- The Company
The Term ‘AXL’ refers to AXL Axis Xpress Logistics LLC, a limited liability company, registered with the Department Of Economic Development, Government of Dubai.
The Domains www.axl.ae and www.axlworldwide.com are owned, operated and managed by AXL Axis Xpress Logistics LLC.
In tendering a shipment for carriage to AXL, the customer agrees to the Terms and Conditions of AXL as specified on this document and that the waybill is non-negotiable and has been prepared by the customer or on the customer’s behalf by AXL. The Term ‘AXL’ can refer to the company itself and/or its partners, exclusive & authorized agents.
- Scope of Conditions
These conditions shall govern and apply to all services provided by AXL. The customer acknowledges that he/ she has read the conditions and agrees to be bound by each of them. AXL shall not be bound by any agreement, which varies from these conditions, unless such agreement is in writing, and signed by an authorized personnel of AXL. In the absence of such a written agreement, these conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between AXL and its customer. No employee, associate, agent or representative of AXL shall have the authority to alter or waive these Terms and Conditions, except as stated herein.
AXL agrees, subject to receiving payment of applicable rates and charges in effect on the date of acceptance by AXL of a customer’s shipment, to arrange for the transportation of the shipment between the locations agreed upon by AXL and the customer. AXL reserves the right to transport the customer’s shipment by any route and procedure, and by successive carriers and according to its own handling, storage and transportation methods.
- AXL reserves the right to refuse a shipment for carriage from any person, firm or company at its own discretion.
- AXL reserves the right to abandon carriage of any shipment at any time after acceptance when such shipment could possibly cause damage or delay to other shipments, equipment or personnel, or when any such carriage is prohibited by law or is in violation of any of the rules contained herein.
- AXL reserves the right to open and inspect any shipment consigned by a customer to ensure that it is capable of carriage to the state or country of destination within the standard customs procedures and handling methods of AXL. In exercising this right, AXL does not warrant that any particular item to be carried is capable of carriage, without infringing the law of any country of state through which the item may be carried.
- Limitation of Liability & Insurance
Subject to Sections 5 and 6 hereof:
- AXL will be responsible for the customer’s shipment only while it is within AXL’s custody and control. AXL shall not be liable for loss or damage of a shipment while shipment is out of AXL’s custody or control.
- AXL’s liability in any event is limited to the value of the shipment or One Hundred US Dollars (US$ 100 only) whichever is lesser per shipment.
- If a higher value is declared on the waybill at the time of tender, an additional charge is paid for towards handling and insurance as assessed and determined by AXL. At the request of the shipper and upon payment therefore at the then prevailing rates, AXL will arrange insurance coverage on behalf of the shipper in an amount not exceeding Ten Thousand Dollars (US$ 10,000). The insurance cover shall be governed by all the terms and conditions contained in the policy insurance issued by the insurance carrier a certificate evidencing such insurance will be made available to the shipper. Consequential damages loss or damage resulting from delays in transportation is not covered by any such policy of insurance.
- AXL’s liability shall in any event be limited to the lower of the insured value of the amount of any loss or damage actually sustained by the customer and in no event
- The actual value of a shipment shall be ascertained by reference to its replacement, reconstitution value at the time and place of shipment, whichever is less, without reference to its commercial utility to the customer or to other items of consequential loss.
- Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, the maximum insured value on any shipment accepted by AXL is ten thousand dollars (US$ 10,000) and in no event shall the liability of AXL exceed that amount.
- Consequential Damages Excluded
AXL shall not be liable in any event for any consequential or special or incidental damage or other indirect loss however arising, whether or not AXL had knowledge that such damage might be incurred including, but not limited to loss of income profits, interest utility or loss of market.
- Liabilities Not Assumed
AXL shall not be liable for any loss, damage, delay, misdelivery or non-delivery not caused by its own negligence, or for any loss damage, delay or non-delivery caused by
- The act, default or omission of the shipper or consignee or any other party who claims an interest in the shipment.
- The nature of the shipment or any defect, characteristic, or inherent vice thereof.
- Violation by the shipper or consignee of any term or condition stated herein including, but not limited to, improper or insufficient packing, securing, marking or addressing, mis describing the contents of any shipment or failure to observe any of these rules relating to the shipment not acceptable for transportation whether such rules are now or hereafter promulgated by AXL.
- Acts of God, perils of the air, public enemies public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority or law, acts or omission of postal, customs or other government officials, knots, strikes or other local disputes, hazard incidents to a state of war, weather conditions, temperature or atmospheric changes or conditions, mechanical or other delay of any aircraft used in providing transportation services or any other cause reasonably beyond the control of AXL.
- Acts of omissions of any postal service forwarder or any other entity to which AXL tenders a shipment for transportation regardless of whether the shipper requested or had knowledge of such third party delivery requirement.
- Electrical or magnetic injury erasure, or other such damage to electronic or photographic images or recordings in any form, or damage due to insects or vermin.
- While AXL will endeavor to exercise its best efforts to provide expeditious delivery in accordance with regular delivery schedules, AXL will not under any circumstances be liable for delay in pickup, transportation or delivery of any shipment regardless of the causes of such delay.
- Materials Not Acceptable For Transport
- AXL will notify customer from time to time as to certain classes of materials that are not accepted by AXL for carriage it is the customer’s responsibility to accurately describe the shipment on this waybill and to ensure that no material is delivered to AXL that has been declared to be unacceptable by AXL.
- AXL will not carry property the carriage of which is prohibited by any law, regulation or state or local government of any country from to or through which the property may be carried;
- Firearms, Bullion, Works of art, Negotiable instruments in bearer form
- Jewellery, Precious metal, Precious stones, Lewd, Obscene or Pornographic material
- Currency, Stamps, Deeds, Hazardous or combustible materials
- Cashier’s cheques, Money orders, Traveler’s cheques, Industrial carbons and diamonds
- Antiques, Plants, Animals
- In the event that any customer should consign to AXL any such item, as described above, or any item which the customer has undervalued for customs purposes or misdescribed, whether intentionally or otherwise the customer shall indemnify and hold AXL harmless from all claims, damages, fines and expenses arising in connection therewith, and AXL shall have the right to abandon such property and/or release possession of said property to any agent or employee of any national or local government claiming jurisdiction over such materials immediately upon AXL obtaining knowledge that such materials infringing these conditions have been turned over to AXL for transport, AXL shall be free to exercise any of its rights reserved to it under this section without incurring liability whatsoever to the customer.
- Packaging and Addressing
The packaging and labelling of the customer’s documents or goods for transportation is the sole responsibility of the customer. AXL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to documents or goods caused by inadequate or inappropriate packaging. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to address adequately each consignment of documents or goods to enable effective delivery to be made. AXL shall not be liable for delay in forwarding or delivery resulting from the customer’s failure to comply with its obligations in this respect.
The customer is liable for all losses, damages and expenses arising as a result of its failure to comply with its obligations under this agreement as a result of its negligence.
Any rates quoted by AXL are not inclusive of any added customs duties or taxes, levies, imposts, deposits or outlays incurred in respect of carriage of the customer’s goods. Should the customer indicate by endorsement in the space provided on the waybill that the receiver shall be liable for any duties, the customer shall be liable for any such fees in the event of a default in payment by the receiver. AXL will not be liable for any penalties imposed or loss or damage incurred due to the customer’s documents or goods being impounded by customs or similar authorities and the customer hereby indemnifies AXL such penalty or loss arising from the carriage thereof. AXL disclaims all warranties express or implied, with respect to this shipment.
AXL will only carry documents or goods that are the property of the customer and the customer warrants that it is authorized to accept and is accepting these conditions not only on behalf of itself but also as an agent and on behalf of all other persons who are or may hereafter be interested in the documents or goods. The customer hereby undertakes to indemnify AXL against any damages, costs and expenses resulting from any breach of this warranty.
Any claims against AXL must be submitted in writing to the Company within fifteen (15) days from the date of acceptance. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, no claim for loss or damage will be entertained until all transportation charges have been paid.
- Non-Delivery of Shipment
Notwithstanding the shipper’s instruction to the contrary, the shipper shall be liable for all costs and expenses related to the shipment of the package, and for costs incurred in either returning the shipment or warehousing the shipment pending disposition.
- Warsaw Convention
“Where the rules relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention or the CMR Convention apply, the carrier’s liability is governed by and shall be limited in accordance with such rules. Subject to applicable law, where the Warsaw Convention or the CMR Convention do not apply, liability to loss or damage is governed by these terms & conditions and shall be limited to proven damages up to an amount not exceeding US$ 100/- per shipment.”
- If you make a payment for our products or services on our website, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in UAE Dhirams.
- AXL will not deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of UAE.
- Refunds where applicable will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment.
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will not be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with AXL or this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Government of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile.
- Minors under the age of 18 are prohibited to register as a User of this website and are not allowed to transact or use the website.
*Last Updated on September 12, 2017*