Changelog From Version 1 to Version 2 of Sunshine
This changelog document is a record of the changes between the original Sunshine code and Sunshine Version 2, which was release February 13th, 2015.
- Changed the gradle files to match what is generated by Android Studio 1.0.
- Updated videos and install documents to show the install process and project creation process for Android Studio 1.0
- Mention Material Design updates for Lollipop. Compiling and running on Lollipop devices has slightly different styling, in particular, the action bar looks different. If you’re using an Lollipop device Sunshine will look different than if you’re using a KitKat device.
- On branch 1.05_create_arrayadapter changed forecastAdapter to a member variable mForecastAdapter.
- On branch 2.08_json_parsing we no longer use the parameter dt. Instead, we store the date as julian time. This is discussed in this node in the course.
- On branch 3.11_add_units_setting we changed the method formatHighLows so that it does not access shared preferences to find the unit type. Instead, the unit type is passed in. Since formatHighLows is called from within a loop, this change allows for sharedpreferences to only be accessed once and not every iteration of the loop.
- With the Material Design updates, the Settings Activity no longer has an action bar, as explained in this video.
- 80% of Lesson 4’s videos were re-recorded and the lesson is now split into 4A, 4B and 4C.
- At two points in lesson 4 you are given starter code. The first point is in 4A - Get the Starter Code, and can be found on branch 4.02_start_code_for_lesson_4. The second point is in 4B - Get the Content Provider Code, and can be found on branch 4.07_start_code_content_provider.
- Many many many new tests were created so that you can see if your database and content provider code is working.
- The date is no longer stored as a string. It is instead stored as a long. This affects the parameter type of various methods.
- Removed the Location_ID URI since we don’t use it.
- No longer use or teach about the usage of SimpleCursorAdapter. Instead we give you the code for ForecastAdapter, a class that extends from CursorAdapter. This is the node that introduces ForecastAdapter.
- Explicitly teach about projections in this node. We use projections instead of getColumnIndex.
- Changed the code so that the intent that starts the DetailActivity passes a URI and not a date. See this diff for 4.21_details_view in relation to this node.
- On branch 4.23_fix_settings, altered MainActivity’s onResume so that if the location changed, it will trigger the ForecastFragment to restart it’s loader. Explained in this node.
- On branch 6.05_scheduled_sync fixed a 5.0 bug by adding setExtras(new Bundle()).build(); when the original sync request is built.
Find an issue, inconsistency or bug not mentioned here? Please use Udacity’s Report an issue button on the node that need fixing. The more detail the better!