KMZ Travel Services (a.k.a. KilometerZeroPH) is an online travel agency that provides flight bookings, hotel reservations, travel insurance, and organized Balabac Hidden Gems Island-hopping Tour. Now, we are happy to bring you Masungi Georserve Trail Visits.
*Note: KilometerZeroPh is an official and trusted travel partner of Masungi Georeserve. Travel partners of the georeserve are accredited based on track record in organizing value-added experiences, shared values and a keen focus on conservation. Travel partners will have an official partnership seal in all communication materials, a serial number and are posted on Masungi’s Facebook Page.
● After twenty years of forest restoration and protection efforts, the georeserve openedits doors to a limited number of socially responsible guests in December 2015. Thefirst experience offered was the three to four-hour Discovery Trail experience.
● Masungi Georeserve is developed by Blue Star Construction & DevelopmentCorporation and managed by Masungi Georeserve Foundation by virtue of a JointVenture Agreement with DENR, as well as a stewardship agreement.UNESCO GEOPARK MODEL
● UNESCO Geoparks are a single, unified, geographical areas where sites andlandscapes of international significance are managed with a holistic concept ofeducation, protection, and sustainable development.
● The model emphasizes low-impact tourism with high value, and focuses less on thevolume of visitors to a destination.
● The Discovery Trail is also host to a variety of low-impact man-made improvementsthat enhance the guests’ interaction with nature and provide access to differentpoints of interest. There are more than 10 main stops along the Discovery Trail, withthe most popular being the Sapot (Spiderweb), Duyan (Hammock), Patak(Teardrop-shaped Airhouse) and Bayawak (Monitor Lizard).
Sample Itinerary*: 6:00 AM - Assembly 6:15 AM - ETD Pick-up point 7:30 AM - Arrival at Masungi 8:00 AM - Orientation & Start of Trek 11AM - 12nn End of trek 12NN - Lunch at Cafe Katerina (or Silayan for groups with that option) 1:00 PM - ETD for Side Trip 3:00 PM - End of Tour, ETD back to pick-up point. 4:00PM - Arrival at Drop-off point. *Subject to change depending on available schedule
Joiner Rates for Published Schedules
Weekday Discovery Trail Visit Regular : PhP 2,500. (Discovery Trail Visit) Early Bird Rate : PhP 2,400. (Discovery Trail Visit)
Weekend Discovery Trail Visit Regular : PhP 2,800. (Discovery Trail Visit) Early Bird Rate : PhP 2,700. (Discovery Trail Visit)
Inclusions: - Conservation Fee to Masungi Georeserve - Light snacks by the end of the trail - Use of Helmet - Dedicated Park Ranger - Round-trip van transfer from assigned pick-up point. - Coordination by KMZ Travel Services (KilometerZeroPH)
Optional - Lunch at Silayan Dining (+850 per person) - Side Trip Depending on group's duration on the trail (Regina Rica, Treasure Mountain & Kawa Bath, Boso-Boso Church)
Sample Itinerary*: 4:30 AM - Assembly / ETD Pick-up point 5:30 AM - Treasure Mountain 6:30 AM - ETD for Masungi/Breakfast along the way 7:30 AM - Arrival at Masungi Legacy Trail Binalagbagan Jump-off Area 8:00 AM - Orientation & Start of Trek 9:00 AM - Tree Nurturing Activity 9:45 AM - Hike to Ranger Station 10:00 AM - Lunch & Rest 11:00 AM - Descent back to Binalagbagan 12:00 NN - End of Trail Visit /ETD back to pick-up point. 2:00 PM - Arrival at Drop-off point. *Subject to change depending on available schedule
Legacy Trail Visit (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays only) Regular : PhP 2,000. (Legacy Trail Visit) Early Bird Rate : PhP 1,850. (Legacy Trail Visit)
Inclusions: - Conservation Fee to Masungi Georeserve - Minalot Rice Meal for Lunch - Dedicated Park Ranger - Round-trip van transfer from assigned pick-up point. - Coordination by KMZ Travel Services (KilometerZeroPH)
Optional - Side Trip Depending on group's duration on the trail (Regina Rica, Treasure Mountain & Kawa Bath, Boso-Boso Church) - Post Trail Recovery Meal
· 14-Dec-18, Fri (9:30AM Discovery Trail) - KMZ x Travelbug PH· 19-Dec-18, Wed (8:00AM Discovery Trail) - pooling· 21-Dec-18, Fri (8:00AM Discovery Trail) - OPEN· 26-Dec-18, Wed (8:20AM Discovery Trail) - OPEN
· 4-Jan-19, Fri (8am Discovery Trail) - OPEN· 9-Jan-19, Wed (8am Discovery Trail) - OPEN· 9-Jan-19, Wed (8am Legacy Trail) - OPEN· 23-Jan-19, Wed (8am Discovery Trail) - OPEN· 27-Jan-19, Sun (8AM Discovery Trail) - OPEN· 2-Feb-19, Sat (8am Discovery Trail) - OPEN· 09-Feb-19, Sat (8AM Legacy Trail) - OPEN· 10-Feb-19, Sun (8AM Discovery Trail) - OPEN· 12-Feb-19, Tue (8am Discovery Trail) - OPEN· 18-Apr-19 (8AM Discovery Trail) - Holy Thursday - OPEN