1. The beneficiary must be a student or group of students enrolled pre-school through the 12th grade in the Kaneland School District.
2. The purpose must be secular, not religious.
3. The purpose shall be educational; that is, it shall foster the development of intellectual, academic, artistic, musical or leadership skills.
4. Preference shall be given to an opportunity that fosters innovative classroom practice.
5. Preference shall be given to an opportunity that supports the development of 21st century skills or innovative use of 21st century learning tools.
6. Preference shall be given to an opportunity which builds upon or follows sequentially from an academic program in the Kaneland School District.
7. Preference shall be given to an opportunity for more, as opposed to fewer, students.
8. Funding provided by the Kaneland Foundation through grant awards may not be used for staff travel or per diem costs (i.e., airfare, hotels, meals, mileage). This exclusion does not apply to travel costs related to student travel (i.e., field trips).